Re: [Scouter_T] OLS for Webelos Den Leaders

  • bufflo@juno.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 12, 2005
      The bin number is the actual syllabus. I have my copy on my desk.

      In Scouting,
      Laura
    • Leslie (in michigan)
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 12, 2005
        Ask your DE to check his most current issue of Pro Speaks. There is an article with an item number.
        ---
        Leslie

        Judy Yeager <kcjscout@...> wrote:
        In reviewing some older messages, I find that there are two part numbers listed for this new syllabus and I'm confused.

        One number is for a bin item - 13-33640. From the discussions, I am assuming this bin item is an overview of the new course - not the actual syllabus.

        The other number is 33853C. Am I correct in assuming that this is the actual syllabus?

        In talking with the Council Pro who oversees training today, he told me that the guy in the Scout Shop told him that this syllabus was a bin item and he ordered copies. I think he ordered the wrong thing.

        Can someone clarify for me?

        Judy Yeager

      • Steve Powell
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 12, 2005
          Like Laura...sitting here at my desk....13-33640....2005 Printing.
          Talk to your council office and person in charge of ordering it. YiS, Steve

          Judy Yeager wrote:

          > In reviewing some older messages, I find that there are two part
          > numbers listed for this new syllabus and I'm confused.
          >
          > One number is for a bin item - 13-33640. From the discussions, I am
          > assuming this bin item is an overview of the new course - not the
          > actual syllabus.
          >
          > The other number is 33853C. Am I correct in assuming that this is the
          > actual syllabus?
          >
          > In talking with the Council Pro who oversees training today, he told
          > me that the guy in the Scout Shop told him that this syllabus was a
          > bin item and he ordered copies. I think he ordered the wrong thing.
          >
          > Can someone clarify for me?
          >
          > Judy Yeager

        • Jim
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 12, 2005
            Judy,
            No you are not correct. The first number IS the actual syllabus, at
            least at this time, and is IS a bin item. The second number I believe
            is the Webelos Outdoor Leader syllabus. It is in short supply right
            now, they were rationing at one or two per council. I hope this changes
            soon.
            Yours in Scouting,
            Jim

            On Jul 12, 2005, at 9:17 PM, Judy Yeager wrote:

            > In reviewing some older messages, I find that there are two part
            > numbers listed for this new syllabus and I'm confused.
            >
            > One number is for a bin item - 13-33640. From the discussions, I am
            > assuming this bin item is an overview of the new course - not the
            > actual syllabus.
            >
            > The other number is 33853C. Am I correct in assuming that this is the
            > actual syllabus?
            >
            > In talking with the Council Pro who oversees training today, he told
            > me that the guy in the Scout Shop told him that this syllabus was a
            > bin item and he ordered copies. I think he ordered the wrong thing.
            >
            > Can someone clarify for me?
            >
            > Judy Yeager

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Judy Yeager
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 12, 2005
              Thanks to all who responded to my query. Strange that a training syllabus is a bin item, but. . .

              I guess the guy in the local Scout Shop knew what he was talking about and we have ordered the right thing.

              Thanks again.

              Judy Yeager

            • Dave Loomis
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 12, 2005
                From the number, 13-33640, and the fact that S# 33640 is the
                Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills - the Boy Scout course - it seems
                as if they have combined the two syllabi into one book, showing where,
                in some cases, the two groups of leaders could share a presentation.

                Dave

                Judy Yeager wrote:

                > Thanks to all who responded to my query. Strange that a training
                > syllabus is a bin item, but. . .
                >
                > I guess the guy in the local Scout Shop knew what he was talking about
                > and we have ordered the right thing.
                >
                > Thanks again.
                >
                > Judy Yeager

                To reply, click on the address below.