Get Ready!!! 30 days out
- Hope everyone is enjoying their summer! Wanted to remind all of you adventurous travellers, the we're about 30 days out from Future Leaders Day! Enclosed a press release that the post, is sending to local media (they've put a non-scout spin to it, but we told them that we wanted the local populace to attend). All of the evets are not listed of course, but the website is being updated as folks commit to run booths. Scouts that are planning to attend can come either for the day or come and camp out ON SITE on the Army Post!!! Scout units that excell at something, or are great at instructing something, and want to come and run a booth at the event are MORE than welcome to do so!!
Great opportunity, and a nice patch (by the way, you can see last years patches at http://www.knoxscouting.org/FLD/patches.htm). For those of you who've attended before and/or are collecting the patches, the design will be similar, but with a new "TWIST" this year! You can even pre-register on line to reserve your patches or a camping spot. Hope to see you and your Scouts there!
Future Leaders Day
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Public Affairs Office
474 Spearhead Division Ave.
Fort Knox, KY 40121
DATE: JUN 8, 2005
The 4th Annual Future Leaders Day - Youth Fair
FORT KNOX, KY The Fort Knox Scouting Community will host their 4th annual Future Leaders Day Scouting Youth fair Aug. 6, 2005, opening ceremony at 9:30 a.m.
This years event, themed Prepared for the Future, is open-to-the-public. This event will provide countless feature photo and story opportunities. The Scout units formation and Opening ceremony will kick off at 9:30 a.m., and event booths are open at 1000. There will be several demonstrations in addition to the various booths. The scheduled events include an 10:00 Martial Arts demo, a 10:45 a.m. Military Working Dog Demonstration, at 11:30 a.m. a Jaws of Life Demonstration, the Shocking and Electrifying Safety show courtesy of Nolin Rural Electric Cooperative at 12:00 p.m., a 1:00 p.m. - HAZZMAT Response Demo, as well as a Confined Space & Stove Top Fire Demonstration at 3:00 p.m. The Skydiving team will drop in at 3:30.
(Times are subject to change, so arrive early or check www.knoxscouting.org in advance for updates. )
Other opportunities for fun include:
· The LOWES Build - It program, a Real Blacksmith operation, the Electric Safety Show, NASA, the KY Bison Company, Michaels, and many others will be on site
· The Scout Leadership and Teamwork Simulation Exercise (SLT SIMEX) using the Americas Army Video Game Calling all Teens and College aged youth, take the CHALLENGE!!
· Be a part of the Indy Racing Experience and check out the Aviation assets, to potentially include a C-130 aircraft
· The Louisville Science Center, Kentucky Fish & Game, Knox Archeology, The Challenger Center, KY Railway Museum, Louisville Slugger Museum, Mad Science of Kentucky, KY Derby Museum, Caving and Skiing programs
· The Ft. Knox Fire Department & Fire Safety House, Military Police, SWAT, State Police, Knox EMS, and D.A.R.E, Jefferson County Search Dog Association, US Treasury Department (Gold Vault), Amateur Radio Operations
· Archery Range, Civil Air Patrols, Red Cross, the Patton Museum, Tanks, Helicopters and other Aviation
· The Army Marksmanship Trailer, the Coast Guard, Marines, Air Force, and Navy, 4-H, the Jumping Jupiter and booths sponsored by Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Cubs Scouts.
P.O. Box 41
Ft Knox KY 40121-0041
BLD 4022, Vine Grove Street
Visit us online at:
"The goodness of a person and of the society he or she lives in often comes down to very simple things and words found in the Scout Law. Every society depends on trust and loyalty, on courtesy and kindness, on bravery and reverence. These are the values of Scouting, and these are the values of Americans."
President George W. Bush
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]