Re: [Scouter_T] Syllabus for Outdoor Leader Skills - Webelos

  • brant@lippincott.us
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2005
      I think someone is confused.... All of the numbers are listed in this email and identified.

      33853 is indeed the WEBELOS leader guide. The "C" is the version code. I'm afraid I have a very old one with no code. Is version "C" the long-awaited update with the "character counts" info??

      The Cub Scout Outdoor Program Guidelines for 2005 is 13-641B.

      The new OWL/WLOT syllabus now know as "Outdoor Leader Skills for
      Webelos Leaders" is 13-33640 (mentioned in the above pamphlet).

      The last two are "bin" items and supposedly available only to scouting professionals. I've been asking my professional for 13-641B for about 4 months now. But it can also be found at:
      http://www.quapawbsa.org/camping/cub_scout/csodpg.pdf

      Now that it's out, I will strong-arm my professional into getting one.

      For the Boys,
      Brant

      "Chad C. Cooper" <chadc@...> wrote:
      #33853C is the Webelos Leaders Guide - Not the same as the OWL
      Syllabus. Can anyone help with the right number? National Supply was
      not able to locate the correct # for me.

      YiS,
      - Chad

      Beavalo wrote:

      > Just ordered my copies from National Supply- #33853C, for those
      > interested.
      >
      > The Library of Literature, a bin item, can only be ordered through
      > Council request; that includes the Cub Scout Outdoor Program
      > Guidelines for 2005 (13-641B) and the Outdoor Leader Skills For
      > Webelos Leaders (13-33640)pamphlet is another controlled bin item,
      > and will include the latest Webelos-Ree booklet that's due soon.
      >
      > Looks as if it's our job to keep the Council informed of what's
      > coming, and knowing is half the battle.
      >
      > YIS

    • Dave Loomis
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 5, 2005
        The last time I called the NSS in North Carolina I was told that
        it hadn't been released yet, and that was about three weeks ago. I and
        others on this list have been able to order it from them with little
        difficulty in the past, so I'd be interested in hearing who told you
        that it was not available to individual Scouters.

        The only difference that I know of when ordering this pamphlet is
        that as a bn item, it comes from a different section of their warehouse
        and will ship separately from the rest of your order.

        Although BSA makes this available for free, there is still
        postage to get it to you, but I have never been charged for this cost.

        Dave

        Beavalo wrote:

        > The Library of Literature, a bin item, can only be ordered through
        > Council request; that includes the Cub Scout Outdoor Program
        > Guidelines for 2005 (13-641B) and the Outdoor Leader Skills For
        > Webelos Leaders (13-33640)pamphlet is another controlled bin item,
        > and will include the latest Webelos-Ree booklet that's due soon.
        >
        > Looks as if it's our job to keep the Council informed of what's
        > coming, and knowing is half the battle.
        >
        > YIS

        245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
        Portsmouth, NH 03801-3225
      • Dave Loomis
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 6, 2005
          From a looooong chat with an order taker at NSC; 33853C is/was
          the old stock number.

          13-33640 is what they are calling the new item, but they don't
          have it, and they are calling this sort of number a bin item, as opposed
          to the old format NN-NNNX, two numbres, a dash three numbers and a
          letter suffix indicating edition or version.

          33640 is the stock number for the Boy Scout Outdoor Syllabus. Go
          figure.

          She doesn't have any Library of Literature pamphlets yet - in
          progress.

          Dave

          brant@... wrote:

          > I think someone is confused.... All of the numbers are listed in this
          > email and identified.
          >
          > 33853 is indeed the WEBELOS leader guide. The "C" is the version
          > code. I'm afraid I have a very old one with no code. Is version "C"
          > the long-awaited update with the "character counts" info??
          >
          > The Cub Scout Outdoor Program Guidelines for 2005 is 13-641B.
          >
          > The new OWL/WLOT syllabus now know as "Outdoor Leader Skills for
          > Webelos Leaders" is 13-33640 (mentioned in the above pamphlet).
          >
          > The last two are "bin" items and supposedly available only to scouting
          > professionals. I've been asking my professional for 13-641B for about
          > 4 months now. But it can also be found at:
          > http://www.quapawbsa.org/camping/cub_scout/csodpg.pdf
          >
          > Now that it's out, I will strong-arm my professional into getting one.
          >
          > For the Boys,
          > Brant
          >

          > "Chad C. Cooper" <chadc@...> wrote:
          > #33853C is the Webelos Leaders Guide - Not the same as the OWL
          > Syllabus. Can anyone help with the right number? National Supply was
          > not able to locate the correct # for me.
          >
          > YiS,
          > - Chad
          >
          > Beavalo wrote:
          >
          > > Just ordered my copies from National Supply- #33853C, for those
          > > interested.
          > >
          > > The Library of Literature, a bin item, can only be ordered through
          > > Council request; that includes the Cub Scout Outdoor Program
          > > Guidelines for 2005 (13-641B) and the Outdoor Leader Skills For
          > > Webelos Leaders (13-33640)pamphlet is another controlled bin item,
          > > and will include the latest Webelos-Ree booklet that's due soon.
          > >
          > > Looks as if it's our job to keep the Council informed of what's
          > > coming, and knowing is half the battle.
          > >
          > > YIS

          245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
          Portsmouth, NH 03801-3225