Re: [Scouter_T] Syllabus for Outdoor Leader Skills - Webelos

  • Chad C. Cooper
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3 10:00 AM
      #33853C is the Webelos Leaders Guide - Not the same as the OWL
      Syllabus. Can anyone help with the right number? National Supply was
      not able to locate the correct # for me.

      YiS,
      - Chad

    • brant@lippincott.us
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 3 12:43 PM
        I think someone is confused.... All of the numbers are listed in this email and identified.

        33853 is indeed the WEBELOS leader guide. The "C" is the version code. I'm afraid I have a very old one with no code. Is version "C" the long-awaited update with the "character counts" info??

        The Cub Scout Outdoor Program Guidelines for 2005 is 13-641B.

        The new OWL/WLOT syllabus now know as "Outdoor Leader Skills for
        Webelos Leaders" is 13-33640 (mentioned in the above pamphlet).

        The last two are "bin" items and supposedly available only to scouting professionals. I've been asking my professional for 13-641B for about 4 months now. But it can also be found at:
        http://www.quapawbsa.org/camping/cub_scout/csodpg.pdf

        Now that it's out, I will strong-arm my professional into getting one.

        For the Boys,
        Brant

        Beavalo wrote:

        > Just ordered my copies from National Supply- #33853C, for those
        > interested.
        >
        > The Library of Literature, a bin item, can only be ordered through
        > Council request; that includes the Cub Scout Outdoor Program
        > Guidelines for 2005 (13-641B) and the Outdoor Leader Skills For
        > Webelos Leaders (13-33640)pamphlet is another controlled bin item,
        > and will include the latest Webelos-Ree booklet that's due soon.
        >
        > Looks as if it's our job to keep the Council informed of what's
        > coming, and knowing is half the battle.
        >
        > YIS

      • Dave Loomis
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 5 9:18 PM
          The last time I called the NSS in North Carolina I was told that
          it hadn't been released yet, and that was about three weeks ago. I and
          others on this list have been able to order it from them with little
          difficulty in the past, so I'd be interested in hearing who told you
          that it was not available to individual Scouters.

          The only difference that I know of when ordering this pamphlet is
          that as a bn item, it comes from a different section of their warehouse
          and will ship separately from the rest of your order.

          Although BSA makes this available for free, there is still
          postage to get it to you, but I have never been charged for this cost.

          Dave

          Beavalo wrote:

          > The Library of Literature, a bin item, can only be ordered through
          > Council request; that includes the Cub Scout Outdoor Program
          > Guidelines for 2005 (13-641B) and the Outdoor Leader Skills For
          > Webelos Leaders (13-33640)pamphlet is another controlled bin item,
          > and will include the latest Webelos-Ree booklet that's due soon.
          >
          > Looks as if it's our job to keep the Council informed of what's
          > coming, and knowing is half the battle.
          >
          > YIS

          245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
          Portsmouth, NH 03801-3225
        • Dave Loomis
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 6 1:20 PM
            From a looooong chat with an order taker at NSC; 33853C is/was
            the old stock number.

            13-33640 is what they are calling the new item, but they don't
            have it, and they are calling this sort of number a bin item, as opposed
            to the old format NN-NNNX, two numbres, a dash three numbers and a
            letter suffix indicating edition or version.

            33640 is the stock number for the Boy Scout Outdoor Syllabus. Go
            figure.

            She doesn't have any Library of Literature pamphlets yet - in
            progress.

            Dave

            brant@... wrote:

            > I think someone is confused.... All of the numbers are listed in this
            > email and identified.
            >
            > 33853 is indeed the WEBELOS leader guide. The "C" is the version
            > code. I'm afraid I have a very old one with no code. Is version "C"
            > the long-awaited update with the "character counts" info??
            >
            > The Cub Scout Outdoor Program Guidelines for 2005 is 13-641B.
            >
            > The new OWL/WLOT syllabus now know as "Outdoor Leader Skills for
            > Webelos Leaders" is 13-33640 (mentioned in the above pamphlet).
            >
            > The last two are "bin" items and supposedly available only to scouting
            > professionals. I've been asking my professional for 13-641B for about
            > 4 months now. But it can also be found at:
            > http://www.quapawbsa.org/camping/cub_scout/csodpg.pdf
            >
            > Now that it's out, I will strong-arm my professional into getting one.
            >
            > For the Boys,
            > Brant
            >

            > "Chad C. Cooper" <chadc@...> wrote:
            > #33853C is the Webelos Leaders Guide - Not the same as the OWL
            > Syllabus. Can anyone help with the right number? National Supply was
            > not able to locate the correct # for me.
            >
            > YiS,
            > - Chad
            >
            > Beavalo wrote:
            >
            > > Just ordered my copies from National Supply- #33853C, for those
            > > interested.
            > >
            > > The Library of Literature, a bin item, can only be ordered through
            > > Council request; that includes the Cub Scout Outdoor Program
            > > Guidelines for 2005 (13-641B) and the Outdoor Leader Skills For
            > > Webelos Leaders (13-33640)pamphlet is another controlled bin item,
            > > and will include the latest Webelos-Ree booklet that's due soon.
            > >
            > > Looks as if it's our job to keep the Council informed of what's
            > > coming, and knowing is half the battle.
            > >
            > > YIS

            245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
            Portsmouth, NH 03801-3225