Question

  • Mullaney, Peter [AMSRD-AAR-AEE-E]
    Message 1 of 4 , May 12, 2005
      Has anybody heard anything about National CONSIDERING
      combining OWL/WLOT with the BS leader outdoor skills?
      (Please remember that 'consideration' doesn't mean
      that it will happen, or even that it will go far.)

      Pete M.

    • brant@lippincott.us

        Message 3 of 4 , May 12, 2005
          We just did OWL in April. I think word from National at that time was
          that it would be fall before the new version is out. But then again,
          National has been saying it would be out soon for the last 3-4 years
          now. So who knows.

          Kent Wolfe
          Council Training, Vice Chair
          Cornhusker Council

          According to the Cub Scout Outdoor Program Guide, the new OWL Syllabus
          is supposed to be out by now. Has any one seen it?? That's MY
          question!!

          Brant

          "Mullaney, Peter [AMSRD-AAR-AEE-E]" <peter.mullaney@...> wrote:
          Has anybody heard anything about National CONSIDERING
          combining OWL/WLOT with the BS leader outdoor skills?
          (Please remember that 'consideration' doesn't mean
          that it will happen, or even that it will go far.)

          Pete M.

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Teresa P Hall
          Message 4 of 4 , May 12, 2005
            I'm sure someone is around that knows more than me - but back when OLS
            for Webelos Leaders was being piloted, some of the piloting trainers
            reported that it was designed to be offered during OLS, so some of the
            same training staff could be utilized without schedule alteration. That
            may have been an optional timetable. As I recall, there were options
            with one overnight and one day only (like the old WOLT).

            Personally, I'm confident that the syllabus is not yet out. So many of
            us have been waiting so long, the first one to appear will trigger loud
            hosannas and multiple postings on every Scouting site known to BSA
            trainers. <smile>

            Teresa H.