RE: [Scouter_T] membership, BALOO, OWL and IOLS

  • Sandra Martens
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3 3:40 PM
      troop committee challenge doesn't belong with the SM outdoor training. If they want that they should take it separately. You have enough to cover without adding that too.

      sanitation with cooking- yes

      OWL- first aid in the course is not the readyman pin. The syllabus says to just quickly go over the requirements. you are teaching basic first aid for the adults that will be on the camp out- it even talks about going over types of first aid kits that should be taken on the camp out.

      our OWL this weekend had 9 people- we don't do an overnight one. ours goes from 8AM to 8PM on a Saturday.

      Sandy OWL

      BALOO - I'm happy to report that we had 22 attend our recent BALOO training.
      OWL - I started OWL with 10 participants, but by the end of the course I was
      down to 7.
      IOLS - We had 9 members pre-registered, but two got caught up in