Re: [Scouter_T] T.D.C. certification

  • Scouter Chuck
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2005
      Judy wrote...

      > In Heart of America Council, almost all trainings, including TDC,
      > have a cost (and subsequent budget)

      I took TTT around 3 years ago, just before our Mega-District was
      split into 3 districts, because of the excessive size.

      No charge was levied for the course (that I remember), which ran
      over 2 evenings.

      > attached to cover:

      > *any program supplies beyond handouts listed in the syllabus
      > which the Council provides

      All were donated by either the trainers or their employers ("Xerox
      Subsidy").

      > *any food and/or drinks and paper goods for refreshments

      Bottled water was provided by one of the staff members as a gift.
      No other beverages were available.

      > *site fees if applicable

      Course was held at the same LDS Church where the District Committee
      Meeting was held.

      > *a minimal amount of office supplies necessary to carry out
      > the training functions

      Donated.

      > *trained strips when applicable

      No trained strips were awarded.

      > *resource materials for the course

      All were donated by either the trainers or their employers ("Xerox
      Subsidy").

      > *trainer recognitions

      Photocopied Certificate of Completion to attendees.
      Photocopied Certificate of Thanks to instructors.

      > Our TDC course fee is $10.00 per person, regardless of when
      > registered or walk-in day of course and that includes all
      > materials and lunch. Our Certified Trainer recognitions are not
      > included in that budget.

      Again, our fee was $0.

      > I do not know if that is in line with other Councils or not.

      Neither do I.

      Hope this helps...

      I "used to be" an Antelope! -- WEM-10-95
      -- Stephen R. Covey