Unit Commissioner

  • Clif
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17 9:39 AM
      While we are talking about Commissioners, what are some
      ideas/resources in recruiting Unit Commissioners?
      Also, what has worked in increasing attendance at Roundtable? Any
      ideas are greatly appreciated.

      New District Commissioner
      Clif
    • Randy Worcester
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17 4:44 PM
        As Commissioner Recruiting is not a training topic, I will reply to
        you directly. Unless of course, anyone is aware of an active Yahoo
        Commissioner Group. If not, we can always start one!

        Now on Roundtable attendance, I've found that it is not hard to get
        people to come the first time. The problem is getting them there a
        second time. OR getting them to come back later because they saw
        little value in the Roundtable or had a negative experience.

        Like a Boy Scout Troop where boys vote with their feet, leaders will
        just not come back to a Roundtable that is not well run. My
        experience is that if you fix the Roundtable by offering a good
        program, word gets around and "they will come".

        Randy

        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Clif" <rcbcranch@s...> wrote:

        > While we are talking about Commissioners, what are some
        > ideas/resources in recruiting Unit Commissioners?
        > Also, what has worked in increasing attendance at Roundtable? Any
        > ideas are greatly appreciated.
        >
        > New District Commissioner
        > Clif
      • JimK
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 17 11:10 PM
          Come on over to the Commissioner Yahoo group for more discussion!

          - Jim

          As Commissioner Recruiting is not a training topic, I will reply to
          you directly. Unless of course, anyone is aware of an active Yahoo
          Commissioner Group. If not, we can always start one!

          <snip>