Training Quote

  • Ida Lively
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 13, 2005
      Here's one I saw in my son's Runner's World magazine ...

      Exhaustion is the shortest way to equality and fraternity, and
      liberty is added eventually by sleep." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

      Sounds like Wood Badge to me. =-)

      Ida
    • brant@lippincott.us
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 13, 2005
        And to add a little humor to the mix (from my mispent college days)....

        Nietzsche is Petzsche

        Or for those that don't know how that name is pronounced.....

        Neachy is Peachy

        LOL,
        Brant

        Ida Lively <Ilively@...> wrote:Exhaustion is the shortest way to equality and fraternity, and liberty is added eventually by sleep." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

        Sounds like Wood Badge to me. =-)

        Ida

      • Dave Loomis
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 13, 2005
          Let me add the rest of that quote - from my psych classes at a
          small liberal arts college.

          Nietzsche is Petzsche but Freud is enjoyed.

          Dave

          brant@... wrote:

          > And to add a little humor to the mix (from my mispent college days)....
          >
          > Nietzsche is Petzsche
          >
          > Or for those that don't know how that name is pronounced.....
          >
          > Neachy is Peachy
          >
          > LOL,
          > Brant
          >

          > Ida Lively <Ilively@...> wrote:Exhaustion is the shortest way
          > to equality and fraternity, and liberty is added eventually by sleep."
          > -- Friedrich Nietzsche
          >
          > Sounds like Wood Badge to me. =-)
          >
          > Ida

          To reply, click on the address below.

          245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
          Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349
        • Wally Hymel
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 13, 2005
            It doesn’t sound like my Wood Badge.

            Wally

            Here's one I saw in my son's Runner's World magazine ...

            Exhaustion is the shortest way to equality and fraternity, and
            liberty is added eventually by sleep." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

            Sounds like Wood Badge to me. =-)

            Ida

            _____

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Scouter Chuck
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 13, 2005
              Dave Loomis wrote...

              > Let me add the rest of that quote - from my psych classes at a
              > small liberal arts college.
              >

              > Nietzsche is Petzsche but Freud is enjoyed.

              Is that from the same book where you find this one?

              "Aristotle can but Immanuel Kant"

              That's the problem we're trying to solve -- to get Aristotle to
              teach Immanuel so they both can -- and learn good citizenship by
              learning and practicing their Scouting skills along the way.

              ;)

              I "used to be" an Antelope! -- WEM-10-95
              -- Stephen R. Covey
            • Rick Rambo
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 13, 2005
                --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Wally Hymel" <whymel@c...> wrote:
                > It doesn't sound like my Wood Badge.
                >
                > Wally

                Hmmmmmmm!
                When I took 21st Century WB in 2001 it was a week long course - our
                patrol otto was "Sleep is Highly Overrated" as we spent our time
                on "midnight Cut and Paste" parties instead of the old tradition of
                Midnight lashing parties!

                Rick Rambo