letter of introduction

  • Brant Lippincott
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12 7:00 PM
      Greetings Fellow Scouters!

      My name is Brant Lippincott. I am Committee Chair and Webelos (II) Den
      Leader for Pack 284 in Plano, Texas (near Dallas).

      I've been a Den Leader since my son was a Wolf and Committee Chair for the
      past two years. I kind of inherited it when the former committee chair was
      having marital difficulties. My current big success is that I have the CC
      designated for next year and have someone "almost" ready to take the
      Cubmaster job. He's currently a Tiger coordinator, but has about 10 years
      of scouting experience. He just has to line up his Wolf leader for next
      year. He's a big proponent of getting other adults to volunteer. We have
      not been to successful doing that in the past, but are getting better.

      I've also been involved at the district level. I've participated in Cub
      Basic as a teacher twice and was a station leader for Cub Day Camp last
      summer. I've heard that there are changes, but as to exactly what, I don't
      know...

      I have every intention of continuing with a role in training. I would
      really like to help the newest Scouters step into a leadership role. I
      remember the "deer in the headlights" feeling of nearly four years ago as a
      new leader. I'd like to alleviate that in any way I can. I'm also planning
      to volunteer for Roundtable committee. Near as I can figure I think I can
      handle once/month (on average) a lot better than the constant of CC and WDL
      - together. I'm planning on limiting my troop involvement until I have more
      than a passing understanding of what's what.

      Anyway, that's it about me.

      For the boys,
      Brant Lippincott
      Committee Chair