Re: PTC - Family activities and accomodations

  • Alan Smason
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005
      For the past two summers I enjoyed a week under the glorious skies
      of New Mexico's Philmont Scout Ranch for training at PTC. Both
      times I enjoyed the facilities at PTC and found the staff
      knowledgeable and cooperative. The facilities are top notch and
      even the tent cities are very accommodating. I attended both
      sessions with several Scouters who brought their families and the
      experience was enjoyable for everyone (especially the kids). Moms
      were even able to get off by themselves, while the age appropriate
      programs for their kids were conducted throughout the day. Indeed,
      my biggest regret this year is that I cannot attend Philmont and
      enjoy the camaraderie with others and share the long-time connection
      with Scouting that Philmont represents. Brian Gray, who is in
      charge of the PTC, is a very good man and runs an incredible set of
      programs. My Scouter's hat is tipped to him and his incredible
      staff. My words of advice to everyone is go to Philmont at often as
      you can. The training is excellent and the experience is life
      altering.

      Alan Smason
      Southeast Louisiana Council