RE: [Scouter_T] BALOO Syllabus

  • Alan Smason
    Message 1 of 33 , Mar 4, 2005
      Thank you, Larry. I don't mean to be a stickler here, but I think that we
      should be very careful in what we are sending to each other as well as
      posting on servers for others to download willy nilly. John's information
      about having to buy something "twice" or having it in an easier fashion to
      carry is very plausible and understandable, but I think that the BSA
      intellectual properties defintitely need to be protected. If I make a
      PowerPoint presentation for training, I am happy to pass that on as long as
      it is my own creation. However, I am a bit leary of passing pdfs of BSA
      intellectual properties, because it sends the wrong message to our fellow
      trainers and to the Scouts to whom we are trying to imbue with a sense of
      what is proper and fair. In a sense it says it's okay to "steal" when we
      have a good purpose in mind.

      Devotedly Scouting,

      Alan Smason
      Southeast Louisiana Council