Re: [Scouter_T] Digital Video

  • Sean Scott
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 13, 2005
      All,

      Jeff has uploaded the video clips for Cub Scout Specific and New Leader
      Essentials training to my FTP site. If you would like to download them,
      please send me an email privately at sscott@... and I'll
      provide the username and password you need to connect and download the
      information. Sorry, I don't have anonymous FTP...

      Sean

      On Feb 13, 2005, at 1:38 PM, Jeff Wakefield wrote:

      > Does anyone have an FTP site I can post them to?

    • Kevin Kennedy
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 14, 2005
        To all,
        Having used the "enhanced" training presentations that were assembled
        by Rich C. of Narragansett Council, I can personally say that these
        video clips embedded into the Power Point Presentations for both New
        Leader Essentials and Cub Scout Leader Specific makes it a great way
        to have all the material in one medium. Switching from Power Point
        to a VCR was always cumbersome now this makes it seamless and
        effortless. In the future, I hope Rich will have the time to do the
        same for Scoutmaster Specific Training. If I know Rich as well as I
        do, he is probably already working on it. Once it is available we
        can alert the group.

        THANKS RICH!!!

        Regards,

        Kevin Kennedy
        Netop District Training Chair
        Narragansett Council

      • ed5870@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 16, 2005
          Does anyone have the new Youth Protection on Video?

          Ed Harvey
          Every Cub Scout deserves a Trained Leader
          Tri-Valley Cub Training Chair
          I used to be an Antelope
          Hudson Valley Council

        • ed5870@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 16, 2005
            Sorry I meant does anyone have the video for the new youth protection
            digitized

            Ed Harvey
            Every Cub Scout deserves a Trained Leader
            Tri-Valley Cub Training Chair
            I used to be an Antelope
            Hudson Valley Council

          • Northern Cub Scouter
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 18, 2005
              Does anyone have the Troop Committe training power point slides???

            • Paul
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 18, 2005
                A scouter with more time on his hand has converted all of the traing
                to SD's with imbedded video's. He even made a copy for each
                district. The only problem with them is the massive size of the
                files. There are like 10-12 CD's to the set.

                Paul Lamson

                --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Curt Stoltz" <stoltzcw@y...>
                wrote:

                > Has anyone converted the video segments for either Scoutmaster
                > Specific or New Leader Essentials training from VHS into a digital
                > format? Either MPEG or WMV?
                >
                > This would make it much easier to give the presentations if we
                could
                > embed the video in the powerpoint presentation.
                >
                > Thanks
                >
                > Curt Stoltz
                > Three Rivers District Trainer
                > Andover, MN
                >
                > An' a good ole Fox, too!
              • tinman507
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 22, 2005
                  --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Northern Cub Scouter
                  <kaymadams@y...> wrote:

                  > Does anyone have the Troop Committe training power point slides???

                  I have a ppt I put together as a companion to the BSA syllabus.
                  You're welcome to it. I attempted to upload it to the files section
                  but there isn't enough space to handle it.