Re: [Scouter_T] New on-line Training

  • mrmarks2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 13, 2005
      >Now, is there a way to get a wallet sized card without investing another 30
      minutes?

      Sorry, no. At least not from the on-line version. The program requires
      successful completion of the test to trigger the print routine. At this time,
      your name and other information are not recorded in the database.

      You could present the first (large) certificate you received to a District
      or Council (qualified) training person and ask them to give you a paper card.
      In most Councils you'll need to do this anyway in order for your training
      to be recorded on a training report.

      mm

    • Scouter Chuck
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 13, 2005
        Jeff wrote...

        > Now, is there a way to get y wallet sized card without investing
        > another 30 minutes?

        Yes. Photocopy it with the "reduce" function enabled.

        I did that a few weeks ago with a health history card that was too
        big to put in my small license case. I had saved the web page, so
        I went back to it and printed it at 10% smaller. Worked fine. But
        you can photocopy them to a reduced size as well.

        Also, when I do anything like this, I do a print screen and paste
        the picture into a word document. That works for the PC stuff --
        for Macs and Lindows I don't know.

        The word document can be reduced or enlarged to meet your needs.

        Hope this helps...

        I "used to be" an Antelope! -- WEM-10-95
        -- Stephen R. Covey
      • Michael Brown
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 13, 2005
          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, mrmarks2@a... wrote:

          > NOTE also -- the size of the card has been reduced to wallet size!
          > It can easily be cut and laminated

          True. And they give a 2 year expiration date. (not sure if the
          older cards did that).

          Hopefully they will get Climb On Safely and Trek Safely training on-
          line as well.

          Michael Brown
        • edward michelin
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 13, 2005