Re: Rant

  • Scott Eliason
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 9, 2004
      Actually, Venturing Advisors are NL and Associate Advisors are NA.
      The "V" goes to Varsity Coaches (VC) and Varsity Assistant Coaches
      (VA), as I recall. I am not putting my hands on a current Adult
      Leader Application, but all the pertinent unit codes are on the
      inside front cover. That aside, Ida is ranting about a commissioner
      staff/training committee disconnect. It is not that uncommon, and I
      join in the rant wholeheartedly. We need to get a large number of
      our trainers from the commissioner's team, for their benefit and
      ours.

      Scott Eliason,
      Advisor Crew 391, Des Moines, WA
      Venturing Training Coordinator, Aquila District, Chief Seattle
      Council
      Course Director, BSLWB W1 609-87 and 21st Century WB WE1 609-2-04

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Larry D. Ohs" <lohs@i...> wrote:
      > Pete:
      >
      > The term should be Venturing Advisor (VA) for the adult leader of
      a Venturing Crew. The youth leader is called the President.

      > I wish our Council would adopt that position too.
      >
      > Larry Ohs
      > Salt Valley District Training Committee
      > Cornhusker Council Venturing Committee, Training Chairman
      > 2005 Jamboree Boating Staff
      > "...and a good old Fox, too." W5-63-00

    • Debbie Beer
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 14, 2004
        This sounds like a great idea. But, we all know that councils are not going
        to pull charters.