Re: [Scouter_T] Rant

  • Larry D. Ohs
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 9, 2004
      Pete:

      The term should be Venturing Advisor (VA) for the adult leader of a Venturing Crew. The youth leader is called the President.

      I wish our Council would adopt that position too.

      Larry Ohs
      Salt Valley District Training Committee
      Cornhusker Council Venturing Committee, Training Chairman
      2005 Jamboree Boating Staff
      "...and a good old Fox, too." W5-63-00

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 9, 2004
        Actually, Venturing Advisors are NL and Associate Advisors are NA.
        The "V" goes to Varsity Coaches (VC) and Varsity Assistant Coaches
        (VA), as I recall. I am not putting my hands on a current Adult
        Leader Application, but all the pertinent unit codes are on the
        inside front cover. That aside, Ida is ranting about a commissioner
        staff/training committee disconnect. It is not that uncommon, and I
        join in the rant wholeheartedly. We need to get a large number of
        our trainers from the commissioner's team, for their benefit and
        ours.

        Scott Eliason,
        Advisor Crew 391, Des Moines, WA
        Venturing Training Coordinator, Aquila District, Chief Seattle
        Council
        Course Director, BSLWB W1 609-87 and 21st Century WB WE1 609-2-04

        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Larry D. Ohs" <lohs@i...> wrote:
        > Pete:
        >
        > The term should be Venturing Advisor (VA) for the adult leader of
        a Venturing Crew. The youth leader is called the President.

        > I wish our Council would adopt that position too.
        >
        > Larry Ohs
        > Salt Valley District Training Committee
        > Cornhusker Council Venturing Committee, Training Chairman
        > 2005 Jamboree Boating Staff
        > "...and a good old Fox, too." W5-63-00

      • Debbie Beer
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 14, 2004
          This sounds like a great idea. But, we all know that councils are not going
          to pull charters.