Re: Changes to Scoutmaster Basic??

  • Michael Brown
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2004
      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Michael N. Kazarinoff" <mnk1@c...>
      wrote:
      > The BSA Supply update sheet for December '04 lists Scoutmaster
      Basic
      > Training (with CD) #34879B as replacing #34879A. Does anyone know
      if this
      > is a 'new' syllabus, or if it is just an new printing with a new
      supply
      > letter? Thanks.

      You need to understand how National does its coding.

      A new printing does not result in changing the number. You will see
      an indication of the printing with the copyright and number at the
      begining of the publication.

      Revisions result in a new letter being used (A to B). What
      constitutes a revision can vary from some minor changes to a page, or
      even new sections added or changed.

      New editions of a work (usually a total re-write), result in a new
      number (or in dropping the letters and going back to a letter-less
      number).

      So, since the letter has changed from A to B, there have been
      revisions in the syllabus. What those revisions are I have no idea
      or how extensive. But my feeling with training is one should always
      be using the current revision.

      Michael Brown