Re: [Scouter_T] Cubs and Soccer

  • David Loomis
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2004
      I did a bit more checking and found the info at
      http://www.soccerandscouting.org/ . It is an outreach program for
      Hispanics, but the web site's area finder was not working today so I
      couldn't determine if there were any areas in Alabama that were doing
      this program.

      Dave

      Teresa P Hall wrote:

      > Hi everyone!
      >
      > Has anyone been asked to provide training to incoming Cub
      > leaders in the new Scouts and Soccer program? (That's probably not the
      > official name, my materials are at home.)
      >

      > My DE swears I will have leaders needing this training beginning
      > in January. It appears that only part of the materials are currently
      > available - I only have the first quarter, and the second & third are on
      > the way. I DO know that I don't have to provide training for the soccer
      > portion of the program!
      >
      > My job this week is to review the materials and decide whether
      > this can be included in my standard Cub training courses, or if it's so
      > different that I need to train them alone. Any thoughts from someone
      > further down the trail than I would be welcomed!
      >
      > Teresa Hall
      > Vulcan District Cub Training Coord.
      > Greater AL Council

      > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
      > click here
      > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1290hsqe6/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=1705066162:HM/EXP=1102194706/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400>

      Dave Loomis mailto: dloomis.nh.ultranet@...
      245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
      Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349
    • Teresa P Hall
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2004
        I believe we are going to be the first in our council, which covers most
        of north and north-central Alabama. It's an Hispanic outreach (and I
        have Spanish-speaking trainers), but it's also going to be implemented
        English-speaking teams too, at least here. All of the materials that I
        have seen so far are English on one side and Spanish on the other. Our
        first team will be English-speaking.

        In our community (Birmingham), the Hispanic population lives primarily
        in apartments in the suburbs. There are relatively few in the inner
        city.

        Thanks for the website!

        Teresa