Re: [Scouter_T] Cubs and Soccer

  • JNDunnMN@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2004
      Sorry Theresa, AFAIK this program in not in operation in our area, yet. I think you may be breaking trail for the rest of us!

      Jamie Dunn
      Pack Trainer
      P. 512
      Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
      Cub Scout Training Chair
      3 Rivers District
    • David Loomis
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2004
        AFAIK, this is a program for predominantly Hispanic areas,
        usually in inner cities, trying to tie their love for soccer with BSA.
        Looking at the National web, I found no info on this program.

        Dave

        Teresa P Hall wrote:

        > Hi everyone!
        >
        > Has anyone been asked to provide training to incoming Cub
        > leaders in the new Scouts and Soccer program? (That's probably not the
        > official name, my materials are at home.)
        >

        > My DE swears I will have leaders needing this training beginning
        > in January. It appears that only part of the materials are currently
        > available - I only have the first quarter, and the second & third are on
        > the way. I DO know that I don't have to provide training for the soccer
        > portion of the program!
        >
        > My job this week is to review the materials and decide whether
        > this can be included in my standard Cub training courses, or if it's so
        > different that I need to train them alone. Any thoughts from someone
        > further down the trail than I would be welcomed!
        >
        > Teresa Hall
        > Vulcan District Cub Training Coord.
        > Greater AL Council

        > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
        > click here
        > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1290hsqe6/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=1705066162:HM/EXP=1102194706/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400>

        Dave Loomis mailto: dloomis.nh.ultranet@...
        245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
        Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349
      • David Loomis
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2004
          I did a bit more checking and found the info at
          http://www.soccerandscouting.org/ . It is an outreach program for
          Hispanics, but the web site's area finder was not working today so I
          couldn't determine if there were any areas in Alabama that were doing
          this program.

          Dave

          Teresa P Hall wrote:

          > Hi everyone!
          >
          > Has anyone been asked to provide training to incoming Cub
          > leaders in the new Scouts and Soccer program? (That's probably not the
          > official name, my materials are at home.)
          >

          > My DE swears I will have leaders needing this training beginning
          > in January. It appears that only part of the materials are currently
          > available - I only have the first quarter, and the second & third are on
          > the way. I DO know that I don't have to provide training for the soccer
          > portion of the program!
          >
          > My job this week is to review the materials and decide whether
          > this can be included in my standard Cub training courses, or if it's so
          > different that I need to train them alone. Any thoughts from someone
          > further down the trail than I would be welcomed!
          >
          > Teresa Hall
          > Vulcan District Cub Training Coord.
          > Greater AL Council

          > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
          > click here
          > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1290hsqe6/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=1705066162:HM/EXP=1102194706/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400>

          Dave Loomis mailto: dloomis.nh.ultranet@...
          245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
          Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349
        • Teresa P Hall
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2004
            I believe we are going to be the first in our council, which covers most
            of north and north-central Alabama. It's an Hispanic outreach (and I
            have Spanish-speaking trainers), but it's also going to be implemented
            English-speaking teams too, at least here. All of the materials that I
            have seen so far are English on one side and Spanish on the other. Our
            first team will be English-speaking.

            In our community (Birmingham), the Hispanic population lives primarily
            in apartments in the suburbs. There are relatively few in the inner
            city.

            Thanks for the website!

            Teresa