Cubs and Soccer

  • Teresa P Hall
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2004
      Hi everyone!

      Has anyone been asked to provide training to incoming Cub
      leaders in the new Scouts and Soccer program? (That's probably not the
      official name, my materials are at home.)

      My DE swears I will have leaders needing this training beginning
      in January. It appears that only part of the materials are currently
      available - I only have the first quarter, and the second & third are on
      the way. I DO know that I don't have to provide training for the soccer
      portion of the program!

      My job this week is to review the materials and decide whether
      this can be included in my standard Cub training courses, or if it's so
      different that I need to train them alone. Any thoughts from someone
      further down the trail than I would be welcomed!

      Teresa Hall
      Vulcan District Cub Training Coord.
      Greater AL Council

    • JNDunnMN@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2004
        Sorry Theresa, AFAIK this program in not in operation in our area, yet. I think you may be breaking trail for the rest of us!

        Jamie Dunn
        Pack Trainer
        P. 512
        Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
        Cub Scout Training Chair
        3 Rivers District
      • David Loomis
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2004
          AFAIK, this is a program for predominantly Hispanic areas,
          usually in inner cities, trying to tie their love for soccer with BSA.
          Looking at the National web, I found no info on this program.

          Dave

          Teresa P Hall wrote:

          > Hi everyone!
          >
          > Has anyone been asked to provide training to incoming Cub
          > leaders in the new Scouts and Soccer program? (That's probably not the
          > official name, my materials are at home.)
          >

          > My DE swears I will have leaders needing this training beginning
          > in January. It appears that only part of the materials are currently
          > available - I only have the first quarter, and the second & third are on
          > the way. I DO know that I don't have to provide training for the soccer
          > portion of the program!
          >
          > My job this week is to review the materials and decide whether
          > this can be included in my standard Cub training courses, or if it's so
          > different that I need to train them alone. Any thoughts from someone
          > further down the trail than I would be welcomed!
          >
          > Teresa Hall
          > Vulcan District Cub Training Coord.
          > Greater AL Council

          > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
          > click here
          > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1290hsqe6/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=1705066162:HM/EXP=1102194706/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400>

          Dave Loomis mailto: dloomis.nh.ultranet@...
          245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
          Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349
        • David Loomis
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2004
            I did a bit more checking and found the info at
            http://www.soccerandscouting.org/ . It is an outreach program for
            Hispanics, but the web site's area finder was not working today so I
            couldn't determine if there were any areas in Alabama that were doing
            this program.

            Dave

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 4, 2004
              I believe we are going to be the first in our council, which covers most
              of north and north-central Alabama. It's an Hispanic outreach (and I
              have Spanish-speaking trainers), but it's also going to be implemented
              English-speaking teams too, at least here. All of the materials that I
              have seen so far are English on one side and Spanish on the other. Our
              first team will be English-speaking.

              In our community (Birmingham), the Hispanic population lives primarily
              in apartments in the suburbs. There are relatively few in the inner
              city.

              Thanks for the website!

              Teresa