Re: [Scouter_T] Re: 2005 guidelines

  • Brant Lippincott
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2004
      Donna,

      I suspect that you are not signed into Yahoo Groups(YG). That will get the not authorized message - or perhaps your email address is not listed correctly. YG has a number of oddities. I don't have access to the members list for this group, but here's a bit of the way it works.

      (1) you MUST have a yahoo ID to get into YG.
      (1a) an email address is all that's required to send and receive email from a group. You can sign up by sending a mail to: ScouterT-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com. Some groups (this one, I believe) require the owner to authorize membership. He'll do that after you send you first mail. [this is to avoid spam.]

      (2) After you sign in to Yahoo, go to YG (groups.yahoo.com) and you cna then access any of your groups, files, archives, etc.

      If you do not have a Yahoo ID, you can establish one & tie it to your email (the email that the group knows you by).

      Then go to YG & (Here's where my memory is fuzzy) tie your Yahoo ID to your yahoo groups.

      Hope that's helpful....

      T - I suspect that your problem is the Yahoo problem of replication. Some stuff just takes a few minutes to a few days to sync up the files, messages, etc...

      For the Boys,
      Brant