Re: New OWLS or WOLT?

  • Keith Tilley
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 14, 2004
      No, Alan, you didn't imagine it - we're about to receive a new replacement
      course for the former Webelos Leader Outdoor Training (WLOT) course. It's
      called Outdoor Leader Skills for Webelos Leaders.

      I worked on the task force that created this new course, and it's been held
      up for quite a while since the original work was done. There have been
      several changes to the Webelos program since we wrote the syllabus, and each
      change requires another look at the material to be sure it's current. My
      understanding from National is that it's been at the printer for a while and
      its release is "imminent".

      National's advice for your trainer, as for all trainers during this
      transition period, is to continue to use the old syllabus until the new one
      comes out.

      Keith Tilley
      Rip Van Winkle Council, NY

    • Paul
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 14, 2004
        The last time they told us "Imminent" it was over a year. So I
        would not count on it anytime soon

        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Tilley" <redcoat@h...>
        wrote:
        > No, Alan, you didn't imagine it - we're about to receive a new
        replacement
        > course for the former Webelos Leader Outdoor Training (WLOT)
        course. It's
        > called Outdoor Leader Skills for Webelos Leaders.
        >
        > I worked on the task force that created this new course, and it's
        been held
        > up for quite a while since the original work was done. There have
        been
        > several changes to the Webelos program since we wrote the
        syllabus, and each
        > change requires another look at the material to be sure it's
        current. My
        > understanding from National is that it's been at the printer for a
        while and
        > its release is "imminent".
        >
        > National's advice for your trainer, as for all trainers during this
        > transition period, is to continue to use the old syllabus until
        the new one
        > comes out.
        >
        > Keith Tilley
        > Rip Van Winkle Council, NY

      • Mullaney, Peter [AMSRD-AAR-AEE-P]
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 15, 2004
          Keith,
          Please don't take offense but I found it comical and
          fitting that this subject got tied with "Rip Van Winkle".

          ;-)
          Pete M.

          The last time they told us "Imminent" it was over a year. So I
          would not count on it anytime soon

          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Tilley" <redcoat@h...>
          wrote:
          <snip> >
          > Keith Tilley
          > Rip Van Winkle Council, NY

        • Ken Todd
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 16, 2004
            Paul,

            This time, for a change, I have seen it in writing in a National publication. The "Cub Scout Outdoor Program Guidelines for 2005" states. "... Outdoor Leader Skills for Webelos Leaders, No. 13-33640, due out in early 2005."

            Yours in Scouting,
            Ken

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 17, 2004
              Is there anyone who can scan the 2005 guidelines (mentioned below) and
              put it in the files section?

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 17, 2004
                In a message dated 11/17/04 12:55:56 AM, krtodd@... writes:

                > The "Cub Scout Outdoor Program Guidelines for 2005" states

                Ooh - ooh - any other changes? I haven't seen the 2005 edition yet.

                YiS,
                Jamie Dunn
                Pack Trainer
                P. 512