Re: [Scouter_T] Trained Leader record tracking

  • David Loomis
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 13, 2004
      TSI has a District Management program out, but at $ 150, it is
      fairly expensive.

      I think TroopMaster would track leader training, but you have to
      make the decisions as to if a leader is actually trained, by the book,
      bin item 18-813, and the Training Committee guide. You can dump data
      from TroopMaster to ScoutNet and vice versa, however.

      I've been trying to get some training info from my council, but
      it seems to take a separate query for us to get training info on each
      individual, which isn't reallly an effective way to get info out of
      ScoutNet. We can get lots of data on the whole district's members with
      one query, but the info on training isn't complete, and only lists one
      course at beast, while we know there is more info there if we could
      access it.

      Dave

      hikin_grammy wrote:

      > Does anyone have experience using the software from
      > Troopmaster "Automated District Management System" for keeping their
      > District Training records?
      >
      > If so, what are the pros & cons that you've experienced. It looks
      > like it is very comprehensive and would certainly help keep track of
      > things at a local level as well as it says that it can interface with
      > ScoutNet.
      >
      > Signe Rogers

      Dave Loomis mailto: dloomis.nh.ultranet@...
      245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
      Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349

    • JNDunnMN@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2004
        I know our training chair has started using it, but don't know yet what he thinks of it. I can check and get back to you.

        Jamie Dunn
        Pack Trainer
        P. 512
        Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN