Trained Leader record tracking

  • hikin_grammy
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 13, 2004
      Does anyone have experience using the software from
      Troopmaster "Automated District Management System" for keeping their
      District Training records?

      If so, what are the pros & cons that you've experienced. It looks
      like it is very comprehensive and would certainly help keep track of
      things at a local level as well as it says that it can interface with
      ScoutNet.

      Signe Rogers
    • David Loomis
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 13, 2004
        TSI has a District Management program out, but at $ 150, it is
        fairly expensive.

        I think TroopMaster would track leader training, but you have to
        make the decisions as to if a leader is actually trained, by the book,
        bin item 18-813, and the Training Committee guide. You can dump data
        from TroopMaster to ScoutNet and vice versa, however.

        I've been trying to get some training info from my council, but
        it seems to take a separate query for us to get training info on each
        individual, which isn't reallly an effective way to get info out of
        ScoutNet. We can get lots of data on the whole district's members with
        one query, but the info on training isn't complete, and only lists one
        course at beast, while we know there is more info there if we could
        access it.

        Dave

        hikin_grammy wrote:

        > Does anyone have experience using the software from
        > Troopmaster "Automated District Management System" for keeping their
        > District Training records?
        >
        > If so, what are the pros & cons that you've experienced. It looks
        > like it is very comprehensive and would certainly help keep track of
        > things at a local level as well as it says that it can interface with
        > ScoutNet.
        >
        > Signe Rogers

        Dave Loomis mailto: dloomis.nh.ultranet@...
        245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
        Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349

      • JNDunnMN@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 14, 2004
          I know our training chair has started using it, but don't know yet what he thinks of it. I can check and get back to you.

          Jamie Dunn
          Pack Trainer
          P. 512
          Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN