RE: [Scouter_T] Survival Game

  • R Fisher
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 4, 2004
      Greetings Ken

      > Also, some of this info is seems very dated. For example it
      > says the following items would not be necessary:
      >
      > "5-gallon water jug. The water in the Maine wilderness is
      > potable." Hhmmmmmmmm, hardly. With the risk of gerardia and
      > cryptosporidium, it's fool-hardy to drink untreated water in
      > the wilderness.

      Not trying to be contrary, and hence the reason not posted to the list,
      but many "survival" texts now suggest if rescue is not imminent and if
      the water appears "normal" i.e. in a flowing stream, pond etc. go ahead
      and drink. Giardia and crypto will make you feel bad but can be treated
      once you are rescued. Dehydration and its unpleasant final result
      (death) can prevent you from being rescued and is untreatable.

      YiS

      Roy Fisher
    • R Fisher
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 4, 2004

        > Not trying to be contrary, and hence the reason not posted to
        > the list,

        OOPS! Well, even if I am contrary, (and maybe a little thick) I hope I
        was still . . . Friendly, Courteous, Kind . . .

        YiS

        Roy Fisher
      • Rod Smith
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 4, 2004
          Ken,

          I haven't been on Scouter -T for awhile and don't remember how to sign on.
          Can you help me?

          Rod