need ideas

  • nadinep427
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2004
      Hello everyone,

      I am looking for ideas for giveaways (for lack of a better term). I
      have seen things like a baggie filled with thyme for 'more thyme'.
      I have done mini M & Ms in a film container labled 'Leader Sanity
      Pills' with a cute ditty for each color M & M. I would like to hear
      what others have done!

      Nadine
      A good 'ol Bobwhite too... C-CS-14
      A good 'ol staffer too.... C-14-04 Always Remember!
    • Jeff Wakefield
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2004
        ALL AWARD -- For giving your all to the Cub Scout Program (All Laundry
        detergent; mounted)
        ALMOND JOY AWARD -- For bringing joy to our Pack (Almond Joy candy bar;
        mounted)
        BALL AWARD -- For being 'on the ball'; (Styrofoam ball with pipe cleaner

        person on top; ball of any kind,
        mounted)
        BANANA AWARD -- For having the greatest a-peal (wax or plastic banana,
        mounted)
        BATTERY AWARD -- For having that extra charge to keep going & going &
        going (Energizer battery
        mounted)
        BEAN AWARD -- You've been (bean) wonderful! (lima or other large bean,
        mounted)
        BEAR AWARD -- For bearing up under pressure (plastic bear with a tire
        gauge, mounted)
        BEST FOOT FORWARD AWARD -- For always putting your best foot forward
        (Wooden ruler; sock with
        the toe cut off)
        BIG HEART AWARD -- For someone who shows real dedication to the Cub
        Scout program (A big stuffed
        heart pillow in red)
        BRIGHT IDEA AWARD -- Present to the person who always has good ideas
        (Spray a light bulb gold;
        mounted)
        CANDLE AWARD -- For bringing new light to the Pack. (small Candle;
        mounted)
        CHEER AWARD -- For the most cheerful person (Box of Cheer laundry
        soap; mounted)
        CONFETTI AWARD -- For adding excitement to our Pack
        COVERED THE TOPIC AWARD -- For a workshop presenter (large plastic lid)
        CRAYON AWARD -- For adding color to our Pack
        CRUTCH AWARD -- For being someone we can always lean on.
        DINOSAUR AWARD -- For doing a Dinomite job
        DOG AWARD -- For someone worked like a dog (dog biscuit or rubber bone,
        mounted)
        EGG AWARD -- For an eggs-cellent job or an eggs-citing idea (egg shells
        or plastic egg, mounted)
        EYE-OPENING PERFORMANCE AWARD -- For presenting an eye opening
        performance (Box of tooth
        picks; mounted)
        FIZZ AWARD -- For adding pizzazz to our pack (container of Alka Seltzer
        tables, mounted)
        FOOTBALL AWARD -- For being willing to tackle the job (toy football,
        mounted)
        FRESH AIR AWARD -- For bringing a fresh approach (roll of mints or
        Certs, mounted)
        FUNNY BONE AWARD -- For entertaining us; resolving a situation with
        humor (feather mounted to a
        rubber/plastic/real bone)
        FIRST AID AWARD -- For coming to our aid time and time again (Home made
        first aid kit; mounted)
        GO-FOR AWARD -- For the person who picks up awards or runs errands for
        the Pack (Plastic or model
        car on a handmade trophy stand)
        GO GETTER AWARD -- This is an inflated balloon full of 'Hot Air' for the

        "Go Power for the Go Getter".
        GOLDEN KNOT AWARD -- For having it all tied together. (Use rope, tie an
        overhand knot and spray
        gold; mounted)
        GOLDEN PEAR AWARD -- Present to the pair (Couple) who has done so much
        for the Pack. (plastic
        fruit pear; mounted)
        GOOD EGG AWARD -- For the special person who has been a good sport by
        helping the pack. (An egg
        made out of felt; mounted)
        HATS OFF AWARD -- Our hats are off to you (real hat; toy hat, mounted)
        HELPING HAND AWARD -- For the person who always lends a helping hand
        (Stuffed glove on a dowel
        rod; mounted).
        ICE CREAM AWARD -- For someone who can lick any job (cotton wadding in
        sugar/wafer ice cream
        cone, mounted)
        JEWEL AWARD -- For being as valuable as a precious stone (small jewel
        mounted)
        KNOCK YOURSELF OUT AWARD -- For knocking yourself out in the Cub Scout
        Program (Small
        hammer or mini bat, mounted)
        KEY AWARD -- For being the key to our success. (Small Key, mounted)
        LIFE SAVER AWARD -- For someone who has assisted the Pack with a
        problem. (A roll of lifesavers
        mounted)
        LINK TO SCOUTING AWARD -- For the leader who has helped prepare the boys

        for Boy Scouts. (Attach
        a few pieces of chain link fence to a plaque)
        LOLLIPOP AWARD -- For someone who can lick any job (large sucker,
        mounted)
        MARF AWARD -- MARF (Maintain Absolute Rigid Flexibility). Cut a piece of

        wood or cardboard in an
        odd shape. Put the letters M-A-R-F on it and present to anyone who works

        with the boys.
        MARBLES AWARD -- For a marble-ous job; For never having to say Ive
        lost all my marbles (bag of
        marbles; two or three marbles, mounted)
        MILLION THANKS AWARD -- Play money in denominations adding up to
        $1,000,000.
        MOUNDS BAR AWARD -- for the mounds of confidence you give your scouts.
        for the mounds of
        courage you need. (Mounds Bar, mounted)
        NAIL FILE AWARD -- File all the information you learned
        NICE JOB AWARD -- Box of N'ice cough drops.
        NOTEWORTHY AWARD -- For a noteworthy performance (Small notepad,
        mounted.)
        NUTS AWARD -- We're nuts about you; you had to be nuts to take on this
        task (bag of nuts; 2 or 3 nuts,
        mounted, large walnut on a string)
        OLD FOSSIL AWARD -- A rock or an arrowhead for the person who has been
        in scouting the longest.
        PACKET OF SEEDS AWARD --For helping us grow! (packet of seeds; mounted)
        PAPER CLIP AWARD -- For keeping things together when they seem to be
        getting out of control.
        PIECE OF STRING AWARD -- For when you reach the end of your rope - this
        will keep you going a bit
        longer.
        PLASTIC MAZE AWARD -- This will remind you that what you do is truly
        "amazing".
        PLUNGER AWARD -- For plunging right in (small sink plunger)
        PURPLE HEART AWARD -- A big stuffed heart in purple, for anyone injured
        'in the line of duty.
        PUZZLE PIECE AWARD -- without you the pack wouldn't be complete
        RAISIN PAY AWARD -- For the deserving ones (a pyramid of raisins, glued
        to a backing)
        RECORD BREAKER AWARD -- Split vinyl record, mounted.
        RIGHT ARM AWARD -- Cardboard arm with hand in the Scout sign; doll's
        right arm.
        RIGHT FOOT AWARD -- For starting us off right (outline of a foot traced

        on construction paper,
        mounted)
        ROSE AWARD -- You rose to the occasion (artificial or ribbon rose)
        RUBBER BAND AWARD -- For banding us together; expanding our knowledge;
        showing flexibility.
        SAFETY PIN AWARD -- for little emergencies
        SCOUT SPIRIT AWARD -- For having the Scout Spirit all year through (Make

        a ball-and-rag ghost doll)
        SHINING EXAMPLE AWARD -- For setting a shining example to the boys
        (Mirror, Mylar, or metal foil)
        SPARK PLUG AWARD -- For someone who supplied the spark to get the
        project going (spark plug,
        mounted; Independence Day sparkler, mounted)
        SPOON AWARD -- (plastic) - For stirring things (us) up a bit.
        STAKE AWARD -- For those with commitment---a stake in the Scouting
        program (a tent stake; certificate
        for steak dinner)
        STARBURST AWARD -- For giving us a burst of energy
        STATIC GUARD AWARD -- The 'static' has vanished since you joined the
        pack.
        STICK TO IT AWARD -- A roll of tape; glue stick.
        TERRIFIC AWARD -- For doing a TEErific job (Golf tee or tea bags,
        mounted)
        TARGET AWARD -- For keeping us on target, making our target (facsimile
        archery target, mounted)
        TNT AWARD -- For doing a dynamite job
        TOILET PAPER AWARD -- For managing the all-important paperwork.
        UDDERLY FABULOUS AWARD -- Blown up latex glove.
        WELL DONE AWARD -- Burnt slice of toast, preserved and mounted
        WET SPONGE AWARD -- A piece of sponge mounted on cardboard. For the
        newest leader who needs
        help soaking up all the new info in the Cub Scout program.
        WHALE AWARD -- For a whale of a job (toy plastic whale, mounted)

        Jeff

      • Lady T
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2004
          Once I gave all of the leaders a "Kudos" bar, a granola bar with
          chocolate and some of them have M&M's or some other kind of candy.
          Another time, I gave all of the leaders a "Raisin Pay", a small box
          of raisins. These two were very well received.

          For thanking training staff or events staff, I have done some of the
          following:

          - A small jar of marbles for "a MARBLE-ous job done"

          - a heart shape cut out from red felt, with the word "Thanks" written
          on it with glitter glue -- they were given "my heartfelt thanks."

          - pencils that say "you're the best!" or some other motivational
          phrase

          - for our train theme, I have given a small wind-up toy train set I
          found at Walmart for a couple of bucks and painted my words of
          appreciation on the box. At the second event with the same theme, I
          gave a small wooden train whistle (from Oriental Trading) that I
          painted my appreciative words onto.

          - for an outdoor BALOO training, I once gave a bird-shaped whistle
          you have to fill with water to get the chirping sound.

          To show my appreciation for staff, I first try to stay with the theme
          of the event if at all possible. If there is no theme, or if I
          cannot find an appropriate appreciative gift, I will go with other
          generic things that will be remembered. I like to find things that I
          can either make myself or decorate with paint markers to commerate
          the event.

          Lady T

          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "nadinep427" <nadinemel@m...> wrote:

          > Hello everyone,
          >
          > I am looking for ideas for giveaways (for lack of a better term). I
          > have seen things like a baggie filled with thyme for 'more thyme'.
          > I have done mini M & Ms in a film container labled 'Leader Sanity
          > Pills' with a cute ditty for each color M & M. I would like to hear
          > what others have done!
          >
          > Nadine
          > A good 'ol Bobwhite too... C-CS-14
          > A good 'ol staffer too.... C-14-04 Always Remember!
        • David Loomis
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2004
            The Life Saver Award - A 2" wooden curtain ring, with a length of
            1/8th inch cotton cord fastened to it with red plastic tape or cotton
            thread lashing. You can put a picture of the unit or district's logo or
            patch in the middle by reducing the picture to an appropriate size,
            cutting out and gluing to back of ring. A magnet can also be added so
            it can be stuck to the refrigerator.

            The Good Egg Award - A wooden egg, available at many craft shops,
            can be decorated with a burning pencil - or small electrical soldering
            iron - to commemorate the event or deed.

            The Spark Plug Award - Carve or turn a small spark plug out of a
            small piece of dowel and mount in on a plaque or perhaps on a loop of
            leather to form a neckerchief slide.

            Dave

            nadinep427 wrote:

            > Hello everyone,
            >
            > I am looking for ideas for giveaways (for lack of a better term). I
            > have seen things like a baggie filled with thyme for 'more thyme'.
            > I have done mini M & Ms in a film container labled 'Leader Sanity
            > Pills' with a cute ditty for each color M & M. I would like to hear
            > what others have done!
            >
            > Nadine
            > A good 'ol Bobwhite too... C-CS-14
            > A good 'ol staffer too.... C-14-04 Always Remember!

            > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
            > click here
            > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129mar28t/M=315388.5543472.6613714.3001176/D=groups/S=1705066162:HM/EXP=1099493900/A=2372354/R=0/SIG=12id813k2/*https://www.orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?pf=PLApply&media=EMYHNL40F21004SS>

            Dave Loomis mailto: dloomis.nh.ultranet@...
            245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
            Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349