Re:Youth Protection vs. Safe Environment?

  • Ken.Walker@mscsoftware.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 23, 2004
      Chuck/all-
      Funny you should mention the church's Safe Environment training. I'm in the
      same situation. Anyone involved with youth in our parish must attend -
      Religious Ed teachers, Scout leaders, even the ushers at our "Youth Mass".
      I haven't attended (yet), but will do so by the end of the year (OR ELSE!!)

      I'm told that Scouting's YPT isn't enough, as it doesn't covered the
      elderly, the disabled, and other at-risk adults.

      I guess I better be prepared for an eye opening experience.
      I'll let you know what I hear.

      -Ken

      PS - Your Covey quote "saved" me when I needed a "thought of the day" on
      short notice. I was caught flat footed (eg unprepared), but remembered the
      "main thing" and saved the moment. Thanks!