Re: [Scouter_T] Pow Wow Dates

  • CubBobwhite
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11 1:41 PM
      From: <deedee.cobb@...>

      > Of those who have Pow Wow's (or similar events) in the early months
      > of the year......do you have any advice on what month works better? I
      > would like for the date to be in March, but the professional advisors
      > are asking for late January or early February. My hesitation is
      > possible weather problems.

      I like to steer our Pow Wow from the November date because I like to
      organize a contingent to go to a Pow Wow or two. We have had tried to hold
      ours in January, a Super Saturday the day before the Super Bowl, but it was
      not as successful as I would have liked. We have unusual circumstances in
      the Blue Water Area with 3 weekends in January devoted to Silver Stick
      Hockey. Weather is also a real problem here. February is just too busy for
      most leaders. I am trying March for the first time.

      --------
      Leslie Herman
      http://powwow-online.com
      CubBobwhite (EC-CS-19)
      ScoutBuffalo (C-33-98)
      Edison District Training Chairman
      Blue Water Council - Port Huron, Michigan