Re: [Scouter_T] BSALT & Trained Status

  • Judy Yeager
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 21, 2004
      Roy writes, "IF they've changed positions since then, they should take the
      current training sessions for the new position. I don't think this is too
      much different than the training protocols under the previous format."

      I would agree that they "should" take the current training for a new
      position, but if you can determine what position they held when they
      completed BSALT you've sure got much better records that we have and our
      records go back 15 years!

      I don't know what "training protocols under the previous format" means.
      Once a Scouter had completed BSALT, they were trained for SM corps and
      Committee. The only thing they weren't trained for was CR or Commissioner.

      <snip> FWIW, since it has been several years since the previous format was
      offered, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for the previously "Trained"
      individual(s) to go through the current program. They might learn something
      new; or they might be recruited to help train others. <end snip>

      You are absolutely right, but we don't, after a certain period of time,
      rescind their "trained" status just because they could benefit from a
      refresher course.

      I wish I could get the ALL to training on a regular basis!!!

      Judy