Re: [Scouter_T] Looking for ...

  • DAScouter
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 18, 2004
      Here are three I collected from other list:
      -----------------------------
      RIP
      Someone Else

      The pack was saddened this week to learn of the death of one of our most
      valuable members, Someone Else.

      Someone's passing creates a vacancy that will be difficult to fill. He had
      been with us for years and for every one of those years, Someone did far
      more than a normal person's share of the work. Whenever leadership was
      mentioned, we looked to this wonderful person for inspiration as well as
      results: "Someone else can do that job."

      When there was a job to do, a need to be filled, or a place of leadership,
      one name always mentioned was Someone Else. It is common knowledge that
      Someone Else was among the largest givers of time and money in the pack.
      Whenever there was a financial need, everyone assumed that Someone Else
      would make up the difference.

      Now Someone Else is gone. We wonder what we are going to do. No longer can
      we say, "Let Someone Else do it." If it is going to be done, one of us will
      have to do it.

      Somebody, Everybody, Anybody, Nobody

      Once there were four Scouters. Their names were: Tom Somebody, Dick
      Everybody, Harry Anybody, and Joe Nobody. They were very active and busy
      people; but what they accomplished was a shame and Everybody knew it.

      For example, Everybody had a good idea. Everybody thought Somebody would
      follow it through. Somebody thought Anybody would work on it. Anybody
      thought Everybody should do it. So Nobody ended up working on it. Now they
      all belonged in the same district and a great contest was on. Who could
      produce the best pack? Everybody thought Anybody would win the prize.
      Anybody thought Somebody would win it. Somebody thought Everybody would win
      it.

      Nobody was the most qualified of the four. Nobody was very faithful.
      Nobody worked very hard. Nobody won the contest. Which of the four received
      the prize? Nobody - - But Nobody!

      Here's another one:

      Everybody, Somebody, Nobody and Anybody

      Once upon a time, there were four people; their names were Everybody,
      Somebody, Nobody and Anybody. Whenever there was an important job to be
      done, Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done
      it, but Nobody did it. When Nobody did it, Everybody got angry because it
      was Everybody┬╣s job.

      Everybody thought that Somebody would do it, but Nobody realized that
      Nobody would do it. So consequently Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody
      did what Anybody could have done in the first place.

      DA