Re: OWL/IOLS

  • Ida Lively
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2004
      > My District runs IOLS and OWL (using the old Syllabus) together and the
      > learners get dual credit for attending. Much of it is so similar that
      > where it diverges we make a big point of the differences.

      Beg pardon ...

      The leaders who are there for OWL and IOLS are there to learn different
      things.

      The leaders go into the course with specific needs. Because of the age
      difference in the boys, the needs are vastly different.

      The Webelos Leaders are there (generally) to learn how to DO IT (without
      looking foolish in the process).

      The Scout Leaders are there to learn how to teach the boys how to do it for
      themselves with some instruction.

      "It" being use whatever skill is being taught -- Nature, Knots, Fire
      building, etc.

      In Scouting,

      Ida