Electricity MB changing in 2005

  • Ida Lively
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8 8:52 AM
      Look for a revised version of the Electricity MB pamphlet
      to appear in early 2005.

      My source: Ralph Russell, II, Membership Chair for the
      Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
      Mr. Russell is one of two IEEE members that took part in
      the peer review of the pamphlet. Mr. Russell also happens
      to be a childhood friend of my father-in-law.

      Speaking of the IEEE, they are seeking "hundreds of
      volunteers" for the 2005 Jamboree for the Electronics
      Merit Badge.

      They're seeking 2 dozen full-time volunteers (mostly
      Electronics instructors) and 200 part-time volunteers.

      These part-time volunteers are needed to serve for at
      least two days at the Jamboree (25-July to 3-August, 2005)
      as assistant instructors. They will be holding two training
      events the Saturday and Sunday prior to the Jambo. In
      addition to the pre-Jambo training, all of the volunteers
      will need to go through the Youth Protection Training.

      They are looking for the part-time volunteers from Baltimore
      to Raleigh (this is the geographic area that they are most
      likely to get some one to drive to the Jambo for a day or two);
      however, if you are willing to make the commitment to drive
      from further away, please apply.

      Prospective volunteers can contact Mr. Russell at:
      R.w.russell@... <r.w.russell@...>

      In Scouting,

      Ida