Hello!

  • Stephanie Everett
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 20, 2001
      Hello, Scouter-T's!

      My name is Stephanie Everett. I am on the District Training Team,
      Training Committee and Cub Scout Roundtable staff in the Four Rivers
      District, Baltimore Area Council, Maryland (or "Murr-lund" as they say
      here :-). I'm also the Advancement Chair for Troop 672 in Severn, MD. I
      got involved in Scouting about 6 years ago when my son's Bear Den Leader
      suddenly quit. I said I'd run a few meetings until a permanent Den
      Leader was found "so we don't lose the momentum". Well, needless to say,
      they found a permanent Den Leader: me. Six years later, I'm still involved.

      I've been a quiet lurker on Scouts-L for most of those six years, so I'm
      very happy to see so many familiar "faces" here at Scouter-T. Scouts-L
      has been an absolutely invaluable resource to me over the years, and I
      expect that Scouter-T will be, too. (In fact, it already is!)

      Yours in Scouting,
      Stephanie Everett
      "I used to be an Eagle (NE-CS-58)" [Hi, Papa Bear!!]
      "...and a good ol' Bear, too (NE-IV-123)"
    • Samantha
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3 5:39 AM
        Hi! I'm new here. I am thinking of becoming a Cub/Boy Scout leader,
        but not sure where to begin. I am currently a leader of a Brownie
        Girl Scout troop and a Junior Girl Scout troop, both are
        homeschooling troops. Now I have parents wanting to get their
        homeschooled boys involved in Boy Scouts, too! I do not have a boy,
        but I am willing to do my part to help these boys and parents get
        involved. I am pretty excited to be able to bring them this
        opportunity.

        I hope to gain some more knowledge about how the Boy Scout
        organization runs through this group.

        Samantha
      • Debbie Beer
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3 8:38 AM
          Welcome to the fellowship of Boy Scouting. The best way to start is to
          contact your local council and get set up to meet with your local District
          Executive. He will guide you through the registration process. The next
          step is get involved in the training courses offered in your local council.
          It is through your DE and your training that you will find the most support
          to make your unit successful.

          Good Luck!!!!!!!
          > Hi! I'm new here. I am thinking of becoming a Cub/Boy Scout leader,
          > but not sure where to begin. I am currently a leader of a Brownie
          > Girl Scout troop and a Junior Girl Scout troop, both are
          > homeschooling troops. Now I have parents wanting to get their
          > homeschooled boys involved in Boy Scouts, too! I do not have a boy,
          > but I am willing to do my part to help these boys and parents get
          > involved. I am pretty excited to be able to bring them this
          > opportunity.
          >
          > I hope to gain some more knowledge about how the Boy Scout
          > organization runs through this group.
          >
          > Samantha

        • Kevin Pate
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3 9:46 AM
            --- Samantha <GSTroop2434@...> wrote:
            > Hi! I'm new here. I am thinking of becoming a
            > Cub/Boy Scout leader, but not sure where to begin.

            To determine the contact points for the local BSA
            council in your area, mosey over to:
            http://www.scouting.org/nav/enter.jsp?c=lc
            and plug in your zip code. That will bring up name,
            addy and phone information, plus the local council
            website if an official website exists.

            For a fast overview, interactive fast start training
            is available online for Cub leaders and Boy Scout
            leaders, and there is also an Adobe PDF file available
            for download for Venturing adults.
            Links to each of these can be found by clicking the
            Training Opportunities link in the main menu at:
            http://www.lastfrontiercouncil.org/

            This particular list (Scouter-T) is geared toward
            training issues in Scouting, hence the T 8^).

            However, many other Scouting related lists exist,
            within yahoogroups and elsewhere. Some are very
            specifically related to either Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts
            or Venturing, and some are very broad based in the
            common topics.

            YiS,
            Kevin outta Norman, America
            another wearer of multiple hats within BSA and GSUSA

            http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com