Re: XPOST: CS 75th Anniv. Merchandise

  • Richard Pushies
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 7, 2004
      Hello Ida,

      I you still have not obtained the CLEAR COPY you are looking for of
      the Cub Scout 75th. anniversary merchandise, check with your council
      office. National sent out a CD recently with all that information.
      Unfortunately the PDF file that contains the information you are
      looking for is rather large (20+MB).

      If all else fails, let me know and I will see if I can make a copy of
      the CD for you.

      Yours Truly in Scouting,
      Rick Pushies

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Ida Lively <glezen@a...> wrote:

      > Does anyone have a CLEAR COPY of the merchandise for
      > Cub Scout 75th Anniversary?
      >
      > I have a blurry PDF with items that include:
      > tent, backpack, pocket knife, desk set, mug,
      > balloons, clapper hands, stickers, napkins,
      > light-up frisbee, afghan, placemats, etc.
      >
      > I am able to read A FEW of the product codes, but
      > not all, and not all prices.
      >
      > The codes I am able to read begin CAxxxxx
      > (for Cub Anniversary, I guess).
      >
      > I'd very much like to order items for my
      > Roundtable and Cub College.
      >
      > Please contact me off list.
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Ida
    • Ida Lively
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 8, 2004
        Rick,

        <*smile*> Everyone has told me to check with my council office.
        I guess I should have put it in my original message; however,
        I had checked with the office. They had no clue as to what I
        was seeking.

        My SE said that if I could get numbers he could try to order things
        for me.

        What I'm really seeking is a list (not necessarily graphics) of the
        item name, number and price. As I said, I have a PDF that shows
        The merchandise, but the description/item number/prices are blurry.

        Not knocking National, but at the same time ... If we're starting
        the 75th Anniversary in September, you'd think we'd
        have everything ready to roll out in September (maybe even August).
        I understand there's different divisions doing different part of
        this, but, in my company the announcements wouldn't have been
        released to *anyone* before we were ready to roll-out our new stuff
        -- or at least not more than a week or two before to build up hype.

        Makes me wanna move to either Irving or Charlotte and get a job. ;-)

        Ida

        > Hello Ida,
        >
        > I you still have not obtained the CLEAR COPY you are looking for of
        > the Cub Scout 75th. anniversary merchandise, check with your council
        > office. National sent out a CD recently with all that information.
        > Unfortunately the PDF file that contains the information you are
        > looking for is rather large (20+MB).
        >
        > If all else fails, let me know and I will see if I can make a copy of
        > the CD for you.
        >
        > Yours Truly in Scouting,
        > Rick Pushies
      • Maddalena, Frank
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 8, 2004
          I think everyone has to realize we pay a lot of money for a lot of people in councils and national to do a lot of things. What they are is being studied by a focus group in Texas somewhere! I have seen it said that K.I.S.M.I.F. stands for keep it simple make it fun but at national it means Keep It Secret Make It Fail! At least here in Greater New York council they have the flyer with the information, I'll try to post the item numbers in a little while, is there anyone in particular you want? Have you ever seen anything that national rolls out, come out on time and coordinated? I can remember 2 years ago I believe it was Bill Steele, from national in cub Scouting who was quoted as saying the tigers will stay in orange uniform and there were no test market to change this. And here we are with the tigers going into blue uniforms! It just goes to show that even in national H.Q> the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing at times! I apologize if this sounds like sour grapes to some but it gets frustrating you think about what we, the volunteers, try to do and for whom we try to do it. then we have to put up with the nonsense from national, regional and local councils that turns so many active volunteers off and ruins the program for the boys. Maybe someone should put up an acronym in the halls at National F.T.B. and see if they can figure it out?

          Yours In Scouting
          Frank Maddalena
          Brooklyn, New York

          <*smile*> Everyone has told me to check with my council office.
          I guess I should have put it in my original message; however,
          I had checked with the office. They had no clue as to what I
          was seeking.

          My SE said that if I could get numbers he could try to order things
          for me.

          What I'm really seeking is a list (not necessarily graphics) of the
          item name, number and price. As I said, I have a PDF that shows
          The merchandise, but the description/item number/prices are blurry.

          Not knocking National, but at the same time ... If we're starting
          the 75th Anniversary in September, you'd think we'd
          have everything ready to roll out in September (maybe even August).
          I understand there's different divisions doing different part of
          this, but, in my company the announcements wouldn't have been
          released to *anyone* before we were ready to roll-out our new stuff
          -- or at least not more than a week or two before to build up hype.

          Makes me wanna move to either Irving or Charlotte and get a job. ;-)

          Ida

          > Hello Ida,
          >
          > I you still have not obtained the CLEAR COPY you are looking for of
          > the Cub Scout 75th. anniversary merchandise, check with your council
          > office. National sent out a CD recently with all that information.
          > Unfortunately the PDF file that contains the information you are
          > looking for is rather large (20+MB).
          >
          > If all else fails, let me know and I will see if I can make a copy of
          > the CD for you.
          >
          > Yours Truly in Scouting,
          > Rick Pushies

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129bqft32/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=1705066162:HM/EXP=1094730306/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://companion.yahoo.com> click here

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=100117115>

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • CubBobwhite
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 8, 2004
            I was expecting my SE to come back from Top Hands with the information about the 75th Anniversary. He and I discussed this before he left. He was not given it while he was there, but was told that there was allot of Cubbing stuff being sent to the council. :(
            -------
            Leslie
            http://www.cubbobwhite.net - the new address for Pow Wow Online

          • CubBobwhite
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 8, 2004
              Don't forget that National and Region are run primarily by volunteers. Those volunteers sit on committees, in the same structure as a Council. Remember, Program belongs to the volunteers. The Professional staff, from the District Executive all the way to the Chief Scout, is to advise those committees - and to later be their spokesperson.
              --------

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 8, 2004
                Gentlemen and Gentlewomen, Scouters All,

                While cross posting has useful purposes, let's please
                keep non-training matters to the lists we frequent
                which cover (quite amply) the program features.

                Yours in Scouting,

                Kevin of Oklahoma
                home state to passle of Scouts and a few
                interesting lil' sport teams

                http://messenger.yahoo.com