Re: [Scouter_T] Training Tracking Software

  • Ned Darden
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2004
      --- Judy Yeager <kcjscout@...> wrote:

      > This may be how it works in your Council, but I
      > don't think you would have
      > any luck calling our Council office and asking for
      > reports!

      I'll second that for our council (Gulf Coast -
      Florida). I know for a fact that few if any training
      information has been input to ScoutNet for our
      council. The registrar says she doesn't have time to
      do that with the crush of recharter info to input. I
      submitted my recharter info on disk and it still takes
      2-3 months to get the paperwork and member cards back.

      At the last recharter, I also submitted advancement
      info for all the Scouts I rechartered beginning from
      the day they joined the troop. I watched this info
      being loaded into ScoutNet and was informed that this
      was the first time she had been able to upload this
      info. As far as I know, there is only one other troop
      in the council that has advancement info loaded on
      ScoutNet.

      I've suggested that the council require use of
      electronic media to recharter but the Luddites are in
      charge so it won't happen any time soon. The average
      turnaround time for recharter paperwork is 4-5 months
      with some units taking as much as 8 months.

      Ned Darden
      SM, T451
      I used to be a Bobwhite - SR-254

      http://mail.yahoo.com