Upcoming changes to the BSA web site regarding training

  • rpushies
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 25, 2004
      Online Spanich Youth Protection Training
      This is planned to be indentical to the current YPT module in terms
      of both content and function - only difference is the language. This
      project has almost been completed - the process of translating all
      the council letters and reporting requirements will take time (a lot
      of time, it seems) ... councils will be contacted individually as the
      translation of their files has been completed and uploaded.

      Safe Swim Defense & Safety Afloat
      Considering the development of an "aquatics safety" training module
      for the Web that will encompass both Safety Afloat and Safe Swin
      Defense.

      Fast Start - Council Reporting
      We are hoping to upgrade the Fast Start training modules for Cub
      Scouting, Boy Scouting, and Venturing to send notice to the local
      council when a user completes the training. Since this requires a tie-
      in with the back-end systems, it's a fairly delicate matter and it
      will be done at a very cautious (i.e., slow) pace. The current
      outlook is that this might happen late this year (November or
      December), but it seems more likely this will be postponed until next
      year.

      Yours Truly in Scouting,
      Rick Pushies
      Greater Yosemite Council Webmaster
    • Sean Scott
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 25, 2004
        Rick wrote:
        Online Spanich Youth Protection Training
        This is planned to be indentical to the current YPT module in terms of both
        content and function - only difference is the language. This project has
        almost been completed - the process of translating all
        the council letters and reporting requirements will take time (a lot of
        time, it seems) ... councils will be contacted individually as the
        translation of their files has been completed and uploaded. <snip>

        Rick, We've been up and running with the Spanish language YPT for over a
        month now. See: http://www.bsa-ciec.org/training/YPT.php if you'd like to
        view a sample of it.

        YiS,
        Sean
      • rpushies
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 25, 2004
          Glad to hear your council has had the process completed and you are
          up and running. We are not and the hold up is the conversion of our
          council's specific reporting requirements into Spanish. With such a
          high percentage of Spanish speaking population in our council this
          will be a welcome addition.

          Yours Truly in Scouting,
          Rick Pushies