Pow Wow AND University

  • Cindy Weiss
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2004
      I am involved in the running of both the Hudson Valley Council (New York)
      Pow Wow coming up November 13 and the Hudson Valley University of Scouting
      coming up March 5, 2005.

      The Pow Wow has survived Council mergers and has been running since before I
      joined Scouting in 1989. The University has also thrived and is in it's
      19th year this year.

      My biggest problem is finding a location for the Pow Wow in time to properly
      promote the event. School districts won't commit until their calendars are
      set, which won't be for another couple of weeks.

      Then there's the question of whether or not we can afford the location. One
      school district quoted me $5,590.37 to use a school for the University.

      In the meantime, we just put up the website and let people decide. I do
      have registrations for Pow Wow already. People trust me to tell them where
      to show up!

      Please check it out - 48 courses are being offered at Pow Wow and over 100
      courses in 7 Colleges are being offered at the University. We've doubled
      the size of the Venturing track this year.

      Of course, you are all invited - to wherever we end up having the events!

      Cindy Weiss
      VP Program
      Hudson Valley Council
      New York
    • Ida Lively
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 24, 2004
        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Cindy Weiss" <cweiss1219@h...> wrote:
        > Of course, you are all invited - to wherever we end up having the events!
        >
        > Cindy Weiss
        > VP Program
        > Hudson Valley Council
        > New York

        Cindy,

        Just an FYI. Met Ed Harvey <ed5870@...> at PTC in the same class as Fred [Training
        Cub Scout Leaders]. He was really talking up your March training.

        You can expect me and whomever I can kidnap to travel with me to attend!

        Ida Lively
        - Juniata Valley Council, Cub Scout Training Chair