Re: [Scouter_T] Pow Wow or U of S

  • Bryan Polyak
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 18, 2004
      Sioux Council's Fourth Annual University of Scouting, Tri-State University, will be held Saturday, November 6 in Sioux Falls, SD. Check out our training website, www.SiouxTraining.org for catalog information.

      We switched from Pow Wow to University of Scouting to offer one day of supplemental training that all scout leaders could benefit from attending. We had not offered anything for Boy Scout Leaders, Venturers or anyone except commissioners [Commissioner College] previously. With this event, we offer something for every leader, regardless of experience. This year, we are offering basic training for several positions. We were hesitiant to offer basic at a supplemental event, but decided that it might generate some enthusiasm for those leaders who miss the usual fall training opportunities. Our hope is that entire units attend, bringing along parents.

      This year our theme is "Vote for Scouting." Participants will feel like they are part of a convention. They will be able to cast ballots to see which DE gets to haul around the ugliest, largest traveling trophy we can find...

      YIS,
      Diane Polyak
      Sioux Council Training Chair

      Judy Yeager <kcjscout@...> wrote:
      I am looking for Pow Wows or Universities of Scouting within approximately 300 miles of Kansas City this fall and winter.

      Heart of America's 2004 Pow Wow will be held on Saturday, November 6 at Truman High School in Independence, MO. Complete information should be up soon on the HOAC webside at www.hoac-bsa.org

      For those of you who have switched from Pow Wow to U of S, could you share the reasoning behind this decision?

      Thanks,

      Judy Yeager
      Heart of America Council, Kansas City, MO

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT