RE: [Scouter_T] Eagle Scout Award Question

  • R Fisher
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 15, 2004
      > We have the first Eagle in our troop!!! He really worked hard and
      > had lots of help along the way. He is wondering who usually
      > receives the mentor pin that comes with the Eagle awards.

      It's really his call; he can present it to whoever he feels had the most
      influence in helping him with his accomplishment.

      As Neil points out, if there are likely to be hard feelings, the Scout
      could recognize all of the individuals who helped him at the Court of
      Honor and present the mentor pin in a private setting. It might be more
      meaningful to the individual who gets it if it was done in that manner
      as well (it would be to me). Or the Scout could purchase additional
      pins and make multiple presentations.

      YiS

      Roy Fisher