Re: Duplicate message test

  • wbrown@arkie.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 2004
      I want to start off by appologizing for: 1) burning up yet one more (HOPEFULLY) Scouts-L message and 2) telling people that there wasn't a link between Scouter_T and Scouts-L when in fact it turns out that there was, abet not an obvious one.

      Here is what I found with Ida's previous e-mail (thanks Ida). It seems that Scouter_T has a user that seems to be trying to copy all incoming messages to all others listed in the "TO" field (or at least that's my guess). What this means is that Ida's message to Scouter_T, Scouts_L and me got duped to Scouts-L and me (Scouter_T was first so it didn't get duped). I ended up with the 3 copies of the message I expected plus 2 dupes (one to Scouts_L and one directly back to me).

      After spending a few minutes reviewing the header and cross checking the Scouter_T user file, I'm about 99% sure that I've identified the user and have set them to no-mail and moderated (if one of the sysops for Scouts_L wants the e-mail address and a copy of the headers offline, feel free to ask).

      I hope that this will resolve the cross post issue. It would seem to me that there is still the potential that this same user may be causing other dups in Scouts_L too, but I don't know for sure.

      Again, sorry for the unintended message flow into Scouts-L!

      Wendell Brown
      Scouter_T Owner