RE: [Scouter_T] Re: Youth Training

  • Mullaney, Peter [AMSRD-AAR-AEE-P]
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 16, 2004
      Ida et al,
      I believe my council has a lend/lease program for this material.
      Don't know if other councils do this.

      Pete M.

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 11, 2010
        It sounds like you want to give Troop Level Training(TLT). It is to be given by the SPL and the ScoutMaster. Get with your Training council or committee. They should be able to help you out.
        YIS
        Wise Ole Owl SR 520

        David J Brown

      • Jamie Niss Dunn
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 11, 2010
          <<It sounds like you want to give Troop Level Training(TLT). It is to be given by the SPL and the ScoutMaster. Get with your Training council or committee. They should be able to help you out. >>

          No - he wants to give SMs materials *about* leading TLT. He's looking for examples of handouts used for that purpose. I imagine they would discuss the purpose of the course, what is EDGE and how to train the youth leadership to use it, suggestions for formats, etc. This would have been a Roundtable presentation or a University of Scouting session, I imagine.

          Jamie Niss Dunn
          Pack Trainer, Pack 512
          Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
          Troop Committee, Troop 509
          Ham Lake, MN
          Cub Scout Training Coordinator
          Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
          Three Rivers District

          =

        • Bill
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 11, 2010
            Yes, Jamie, all of that is planned. I will also run through what is in TLT, VLSC, how to put a class on, different options, etc. Looking for handouts to give them that tell this and also any supplimental training they can put on as well.

            Bill

            > <<It sounds like you want to give Troop Level Training(TLT). It is to be given by the SPL and the ScoutMaster. Get with your Training council or committee. They should be able to help you out. >>
            >

            > No - he wants to give SMs materials *about* leading TLT. He's looking for examples of handouts used for that purpose. I imagine they would discuss the purpose of the course, what is EDGE and how to train the youth leadership to use it, suggestions for formats, etc. This would have been a Roundtable presentation or a University of Scouting session, I imagine.
            >

            > Jamie Niss Dunn
            > Pack Trainer, Pack 512
            > Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
            > Troop Committee, Troop 509
            > Ham Lake, MN
            > Cub Scout Training Coordinator
            > Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
            > Three Rivers District
            >

            > =

          • SCOTT ELIASON
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 11, 2010
              If I understood correctly this is being done at Scoutmaster/Assistant Scoutmaster Specific Training? If so, teach the syllabus, then send these guys to Trainer Development Conference and Trainer's EDGE. Get them to Wood Badge.

              Scott Eliason