Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Training]

  • John Halter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2004
      Ida Lively wrote:

      > I'm hearing from more and more people that Saturday trainings do not work
      > for them. So, this year, with a year of experience as Cub Trainer
      > under my
      > belt, I'm making a noted effort to offer evening training sessions
      > especially at Roundtable. We have 9 RT meetings in the year, and I
      > know of
      > at least 4 that have Training Scheduled.
      >
      > Since Thursdays (RT day) might not work for everyone, I'm looking at doing
      > some other weekday evening trainings. So, here come the questions:
      >
      > 1) Where do you hold your training sessions
      > 2) What do they charge you for building use
      > 3) How often do you hold each of the following training sessions
      > New Leader Essentials
      > Youth Protection
      > Cub Scout Leader Specific Training
      > Troop Committee Challenge
      > Chartered Organizational Representative Training
      > Den Chief Training
      > 4) How often (if ever) do you hold group-requested training

      I like the idea of having training at RT. I might try to do that in
      September. We have RT 11 months, taking July off. As for the questions:
      1) At our council office
      2) Nothing
      3) NLE - 2-3 times a year
      YP - In the past, usually once a year. Now that it is on line,
      probably will go every other year.
      CSLST - 2-3 times a year
      TCC - I've never done it, so I'm not sure.
      CORT - See above
      DCT - Don't think we've ever done it at the district level.
      4) Not very often. We had an evening training meeting year before last,
      mainly because I had a few leaders in my pack that wanted to go at that
      time. Only 2 people showed up.

      --

      Thank you,

      John Halter