Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Training

  • JNDunnMN@aol.com
    Message 1 of 29 , Jun 10, 2004
      I should have provided this context to my post. We are a geographically large
      district (two full counties and part of a third). We have 45+ Cub Packs,
      approx 30 Boy Scout Troops, and 25+ Venturing Crews, with approx 1500 adult
      leaders registered.

      YiS,
      Jamie Dunn
      Pack Trainer
      P. 512
      Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
      Cub Scout Training Chair
      3 Rivers District

    • Teresa P Hall
      Message 2 of 29 , Jun 10, 2004
        Okay, I'll play!

        We work with a mix of RT and Saturday trainings.

        1. The "where" varies. Our district makes an annual "deal" with a
        chartering org, usually a big church with ample facilities. Most of our
        classroom-based trainings are held there, as are RT and the district
        banquet. IOLS and WOTL are held at a Scout camp about 30 minutes
        outside the district. BALOO has been held at a variety of locations,
        whatever works at the time.

        2. We don't pay for building use if we can help it. If a church begins
        to impose a fee, we move on. The church prior to where we are now
        started charging $100 cleaning fee for any meeting held on Saturday.
        They only caught me once on THAT -- talk about wreaking havoc on a
        budget for a small class when no one tells you in advance.

        3. Here's a sketch of our annual offerings. Also bear in mind - we are
        one of 6 districts in a metropolitan area. We coordinate our training
        schedules with the other two districts that have strong training
        programs and want to play with us. So there are LOTS more opportunities,
        all of which we post on our district website and email to our district
        members.

        NLE: twice in September, once in October, once in March or April.
        Council-wide in March (Univ of Scouting). All of these are Saturdays.
        Once in February during RT.
        CSLST: one Saturday session in September where all segments are
        offered. Beyond that, RT sessions as follows:
        TDLST: October
        CSDLST: November and March
        WDLST: December and April
        CubmasterLST/Committee Mbr LST: January and May.
        We have held a Saturday session in March with all segments offered. We
        also have a handful of Pack Trainers who are able to offer these
        trainings within their units. We will do special offerings as
        requested, but there were no requests last year that could not be filled
        through already-scheduled group offerings.

        YPT: Five scheduled offerings (two September Saturdays, one October
        Saturday and one October RT, one Saturday in spring) plus online. This
        one is available for unit-level instruction, we did two year before last
        but none last year.

        TCC: Centrally offered about three times a year, all on Saturdays:
        September, October (at Advance-o-Rama) and March or April. This one has
        been offered several times to individual troop committees, probably 4
        additional times in past year, times at the convenience of the
        committee.

        COR: Was offered twice last year, I believe -- and I don't think either
        course made. The August offering had but one registrant (MY new COR) and
        he was taught via coaching rather than holding the scheduled class.

        Den Chief Training: I hang my head in shame. This has not been offered
        in quite some time. I've surveyed Cubmasters as to the need and only one
        pack showed an interest, and THEY did not want to participate, just send
        the boy. A neighboring district is offering in August and I'm scheduled
        to visit and learn.

        During Advance-o-Rama we try to offer a full day of adult training
        opportunities. In addition to the above we offer Safe Swim, Safety
        Afloat, Health and Safety, CPR, and others based on Trainer
        availability. I offer SSD at the June RT as part of the RT offering
        itself (not a break-out) for Cub Scout RT. This year the BSRT decided to
        join us.

        We offer SMLST and IOLS twice a year, WOLT once or twice a year, and
        BALOO once a year at the district level. (Well, we combine with one or
        two other districts for WOLT and IOLS.) At University of Scouting, NLE,
        YPT, SSD, and SA at a minimum are offered. Next year UofS will be
        physically back in my city and perhaps in my district again, but this
        year is held about 90 minutes away.

        4. Unit-level trainings - readily available for YPT, TCC, all CSLST
        offerings, and NLE but rarely requested.

        Teresa Hall
        Coordinator, Cub Scout Training
        Vulcan District, Greater AL Council
      • Judy Yeager
        Message 3 of 29 , Jun 10, 2004
          1) Where do you hold your training sessions

          We use local churches, city parks for BALOO, a private troop-owned scout
          camp for OLS and a church related retreat area for WLOE.

          2) What do they charge you for building use

          All are free except the retreat area for WLOE. They charge $25/night for a
          shelter and $2.00 per person for camping. We usually set out a can and ask
          for donations and get much more than that.

          3) How often do you hold each of the following training sessions
          New Leader Essentials - 4X/year
          Youth Protection - 7X/year
          Cub Scout Leader Specific Training - 2X/year
          Troop Committee Challenge - 2X/year
          Chartered Organizational Representative Training - was not the
          training team responsibility until just recently - haven't scheduled yet
          Den Chief Training - 1X/year Council, 1X/year district

          4) How often (if ever) do you hold group-requested training - Have not done
          that yet

          Judy Yeager
          HOAC - Northern Tier District
        • Ida Lively
          Message 4 of 29 , Jun 11, 2004
            > During Advance-o-Rama we try to offer a full day of adult training
            > opportunities. In addition to the above we offer Safe Swim, Safety
            > Afloat, Health and Safety, CPR, and others based on Trainer
            > availability. I offer SSD at the June RT as part of the RT offering
            > itself (not a break-out) for Cub Scout RT. This year the BSRT decided to
            > join us.

            This sounds like our Advancement Day. I've been *trying* to get in on this
            training, but haven't been successful. Because our AD is held in February,
            most (if not ALL) of the buildings at camp are in use. Several Troops that
            rent cabins for the weekend, are warned that their cabin WILL be used as a
            training site, so they must have everything neat and tidy when they leave
            for AD after breakfast.

            We do have the other courses, which are offered twice a year at council
            level: BALOO, OWL, IOLS

            We do Cub College (Pow Wow) once a year, and TDC/TTT once a year.

            Wood Badge is held at "Cluster" level (Several clusters in a region, I
            think) every year. It's coming to my council next year, and I'm already on
            the waiting list.

            --

            Ida Lively
            - Juniata Valley Council, Nittany Mountain District Training Chair

            "Train them up in the way they should go..."
          • Barbara Karweik
            Message 5 of 29 , Jun 11, 2004
              1. Where do you hold your training sessions?
              We do most of our trainings at area churchs
              Outdoor trainings are held at a Scout camp.

              2. What do they charge for building use?
              Usually there is no charge but that is changing. We did get a charge of
              $100 for a Sat session and haven't gone back there again
              Camp charges are usually $50 for building use for the day

              3. How often do you hold training
              This is our District training schedule
              Sept we do YPT, NLE, and Specific Training
              Oct we do all three on a Sat and on 2 Tues eves
              Nov we do all three on a Sat and 2 Thurs eves
              Feb we do all three on a Sat
              June we do all three on a Sat
              Troop Committee Challenge is by appointment with a team of people who go
              to each troop as needed
              Boy Scout training is done on 4 weekends in the fall
              COR hasn't been done in a while
              Baloo is a Sat in Apr
              Webelos outdoor is a Sat in Mar
              Den Chief is done on a Sat in Aug
              We also have one District that does a portion of Cub training the 2nd Thur
              of every month (1st Thur is their Roundtable) They rotate between YPT, NLE
              and the specific trainings on a regular schedule
              Since we are a large metropolitan area, our leaders also have access to
              other District's trainings

              4. Group requested trainings
              Haven't had any requests except for Troop Comm Challenge - it's been
              done about 15 times

              Barb Karweik
              Buckeye District Training Chair (retires)
              Simon Kenton Council Training Chair
              Columbus Ohio
            • tsbeb@att.net
              Message 6 of 29 , Jun 14, 2004
                With the addition of Standard 68 in the 2004 National Camp Standards for Cub Scout/Boy Scout Resident Camps, where are you finding your Leave No Trace Master Educators?

                Regional camp school and some councils have been running courses for Leave No Trace Trainers but they pretty much full up fast.

                With NOLS and AMC holding a monopoly on Master Trainer courses can scouters afford to pay the amounts that they ask for the course?
                I know that in past years there were a number of courses that could not find enough participants to run.

                How far would you be willing to go to attend a Master's course?

                Ted Beblowski
                Been there,
                done that,
                have the tshirts
                the mugs
                and the wallet full of cards

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                To visit your group on the web, go to:

              • Mullaney, Peter [AMSRD-AAR-AEE-P]
                Message 7 of 29 , Jun 14, 2004
                  Hi Ida,

                  So, here come the questions:

                  1) Where do you hold your training sessions
                  All over, camps, schools, churches, homes, council office, parks ...
                  2) What do they charge you for building use
                  We look for free use, though I think we pay for maintenance
                  people for our University of Scouting.
                  3) How often do you hold each of the following training sessions
                  (These are from memory)
                  New Leader Essentials New schedule for the coming year -
                  monthly - council sponsored (each district responsible for 2 months)
                  Districts - I believe 2 plus as deemed needed
                  Youth Protection - I believe the council runs this monthly
                  Units can arrange for 'unit training'. I have offered to do it for
                  units at mutually convenient dates.
                  Cub Scout Leader Specific Training Roughly the same as NLE.
                  Troop Committee Challenge As requested by troops
                  Chartered Organizational Representative Training
                  Probably as requested, not familiar with this.
                  Den Chief Training Used to be only at U of Scouting, but
                  for the last few years districts have been trying to offer additional
                  classes.
                  4) How often (if ever) do you hold group-requested training
                  If the group is big enough we do our darnedest to accommodate.

                  Pete Mullaney, who has a council training committee meeting tonight!

                • norman henderson
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jul 4, 2006
                    Hey everyone, I guess I am the new kid on the block as a new member
                    of your group.

                    I was the Tiger Den leader last year at Pack 557 in Columbus, IN and
                    what an experience.

                    They through me in head first and that is where I stayed all year.

                    Trying to get help was a feat in its self, no one had time, just
                    said you will be OK, keep at it.

                    Well the year is all but over, I had a bad year as experience would
                    have helped and now they moved me up to pack trainer. So I jumped
                    in early and did my own research as to the job and so far have
                    completed every training online I can find.

                    Looking for more, anyone have courses I can get a hold of to use in
                    advanced leadership at home? Our council has always given me the
                    credit for any course I have sent in completed.

                    Thanks
                    Norman Henderson/pack 557
                  • Dave Loomis
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jul 4, 2006
                      You didn't note what training you have taken, so my comments may
                      be a bit off target.

                      I'd get a copy of the Leadership Training Committee Guide, #
                      34169, $ 5.00, from your Scout Shop. This booklet is the meat of the
                      training program, and will get you started with what you need to do.
                      Secondly, I'd get in touch with your district or council training
                      committee, and see what courses they are offering and when. As a Pack
                      Trainer, you should take the Trainer Development Conference, to get you
                      up to speed on Scouting training methods and programs. Your district or
                      council training people should be running this program a couple of times
                      each year.

                      In order to be familiar with the training your pack needs, you
                      need to take the Fast Start training for all of the positions. These
                      are available at the National web site at,
                      http://www.scouting.org/nav/enter.jsp?s=xx&c=ds&terms=Fast+Start+Training&x=0&y=0
                      or http://tinyurl.com/s58xw. You will have to create a logon name and
                      password to take these courses, but when you do, and complete the
                      courses, they should post to your record on your council's ScoutNet files.

                      Reading through the Leadership Training Committee Guide, you will
                      see the training each leader requires to become trained in his or her
                      position, and this will give you a good jumping off point. You will
                      have to determine what training they have completed, and then arrange
                      for the training they need, by position, so that you can request that
                      your district provide these specific courses. For the most part, Cub
                      Scout Training is composed of two or three steps; Fast Start, Youth
                      Protection, New Leader Essentials, Position Specific Training, and
                      either BALOO or Outdoor Leader Skills for the WEBELOS Leaders. You can
                      get Fast Start and Youth Protection Training online at the National site
                      I noted earlier, so this leaves you outdoors and position training to
                      worry about. BALOO is an acronym for Basic Adult Leader Outdoor
                      Orientation, which is required before the Pack take the Cubs out camping
                      as a pack or den. The syllabus is # 34162A (or later) and costs $
                      6.95. WEBELOS Leaders need Outdoor Leader Skills for the WEBELOS
                      Leaders, # 13-33640.which is a bin item so will either have to be
                      ordered from your council, or gotten from a person on this list. I can
                      feed you this course section by section, or can mail you a CD with the
                      entire course on it. The rest of the leaders will require the position
                      specific training for their position. This consists of a group of core
                      skills, plus a break out session for Cub Masters and Committee, and
                      Tiger, Wolf & Bear, and WEBELOS Den leaders all usually taught on a
                      Saturday within your district. The syllabus for this course is 34875A,
                      or later, and costs $ 12.00 as it comes with a CD.

                      You will also want to insure that each of your dens has a Den
                      Chief, a Boy Scout from a local troop who has taken the Den Chief
                      Orientation, # 34450C or later,which costs $ 4.75. Den Chiefs are an
                      important help to den leaders as they serve as an extra set of eyes and
                      hands, to help keep the program moving, as well as give the Cubs another
                      leader to look up to. They are especially important in the WEBELOS Dens
                      as they can facilitate the WEBELOS to Scout crossover, insuring that all
                      of the WEBELOS cross over to a troop, and are made to feel welcome in
                      the troop they chose.

                      This is a brief outline of your training needs and
                      responsibilities, that will help you get started on the right foot.
                      Don't hesitate to ask one of us some more questions, once you've gotten
                      the Training Committee book, and read the parts pertaining to Cub Packs
                      through a few times.

                      All the Best,

                      Dave

                      norman henderson wrote:

                      > Hey everyone, I guess I am the new kid on the block as a new member
                      > of your group.
                      >
                      > I was the Tiger Den leader last year at Pack 557 in Columbus, IN and
                      > what an experience.
                      >
                      > They through me in head first and that is where I stayed all year.
                      >
                      > Trying to get help was a feat in its self, no one had time, just
                      > said you will be OK, keep at it.
                      >
                      > Well the year is all but over, I had a bad year as experience would
                      > have helped and now they moved me up to pack trainer. So I jumped
                      > in early and did my own research as to the job and so far have
                      > completed every training online I can find.
                      >
                      > Looking for more, anyone have courses I can get a hold of to use in
                      > advanced leadership at home? Our council has always given me the
                      > credit for any course I have sent in completed.
                      >
                      > Thanks
                      > Norman Henderson/pack 557

                      ADC & BS Training Chair
                      Historic District
                      Daniel Webster Council, BSA

                      245 Union St., #4 (603) 431 5342
                      Portsmouth, NH 0301-4349

                    • Den Leader Norman Henderson
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jul 4, 2006
                        Thanks,

                        I have finished all of the training in all area's and my council told me this was the next on I need. However, they wont be giving it untill later this fall and as you may guess, I would rather get it in now before I get tied up with our pack in a month or so.

                        As I can best figure out, being the first Pack Trainer we have ever had, in the past 21/2 months, I have taken and completed more courses than anyone in our pack. It seems, they feel that, they volunteer their time during the school year, and I might add do a great job, they just have a hard time understanding how the required training can really help them. And I have to try and reach them some how.

                        Thanks
                        Norman

                        norman henderson wrote:

                        > Hey everyone, I guess I am the new kid on the block as a new member
                        > of your group.
                        >
                        > I was the Tiger Den leader last year at Pack 557 in Columbus, IN and
                        > what an experience.
                        >
                        > They through me in head first and that is where I stayed all year.
                        >
                        > Trying to get help was a feat in its self, no one had time, just
                        > said you will be OK, keep at it.
                        >
                        > Well the year is all but over, I had a bad year as experience would
                        > have helped and now they moved me up to pack trainer. So I jumped
                        > in early and did my own research as to the job and so far have
                        > completed every training online I can find.
                        >
                        > Looking for more, anyone have courses I can get a hold of to use in
                        > advanced leadership at home? Our council has always given me the
                        > credit for any course I have sent in completed.
                        >
                        > Thanks
                        > Norman Henderson/pack 557

                        ADC & BS Training Chair
                        Historic District
                        Daniel Webster Council, BSA

                        245 Union St., #4 (603) 431 5342
                        Portsmouth, NH 0301-4349

                      • Don Wilson
                        Message 11 of 29 , Jul 4, 2006
                          Hi, Norman,

                          Then you have completed:

                          Cub Scout Fast Start
                          New Leader Essentials for Cub Scouts
                          Position Specific for Cubmaster, Tiger Leader, Den Leader, Webelos
                          Leader, Committee
                          BALOO
                          Webelos Outdoor Training
                          Youth Protection
                          Trainer Development Course

                          That is quite a lot of training for one year, and I applaud your
                          efforts. If by chance you have not completed all of the above, then
                          I would suggest that you make use of the time before the next Wood
                          Badge course in your council participate in all training events
                          available to you, not those focused on your present leadership
                          position. You might be serving in a different position by the time
                          you have the Wood Badge experience, and perhaps any "pre-course"
                          work.

                          I would also highly recommend that you work with the District
                          Training Chair and after completing the Trainer Development Course
                          work as a trainer whenever possible.

                          Part of your job as Pack Trainer is to conduct orientation of new
                          families. That is extremely important for retention of Cub Scouts
                          and should not wait until you can put that on your ticket. So that
                          would be a project to consider investing tie and energy for the
                          success of the Pack.

                          As to the thought of experiencing Wood Badge via PowerPoint and CD, I
                          fully agree with Dave. The course is much to important to try an end
                          run.

                          Don Wilson
                          Trainer, Old Hickory Council
                          Council Training Committee member 15 years
                          Past Past Training Chairman Chairman
                          Was a Fabulous, Feisty Fox, SR-191
                        • Den Leader Norman Henderson
                          Message 12 of 29 , Jul 4, 2006
                            Thank you Sir,

                            As with all the other advice, yours is also appreciated and taken to heart. I learned the hard way about retention and keeping families and their scouts interested. As a parent of a scout, I didnt realize just how much work and planning the leaders were doing, then when I volunteered last year, I started learning real fast,

                            I simply want to be a good Pack Trainer and have enough knowledge about each area that I can be of help when needed. With over 40 boys in our pack, we are proud of what we have to offer. I hope that I can help make it even better.

                            Norman Henderson

                          • corinnajones@comcast.net
                            Message 13 of 29 , Jul 4, 2006
                              Norman,
                              Great to hear you jumped in are are doing all you can to take all of the trainings.
                              For our district and council, I am not authorized to train anyone in my pack, unless it is at a district training. BUT, I have been able to motivate our leaders to get trained, and got our pack's training record updated (and for the first time our leadership has earned the den leader award, webelos leader award, and cubmaster award). We are a smaller pack, but now have all trained leaders, except the assistant webelos leader who just moved up from bears.
                              Our pack members got BALOO trained for the first time, roundtable attendance is way up, and three of our leaders participated in Jungle Book training http://www.dacbsa.org/cc_schedtng/forms-schedtng/06%20Jungle%20Book.pdf (I was Webelos den leader in the course). Look out for your council's Powwow or University of Scouting. You will find a large variety of training courses.
                              One year after our leadership change the enthusiasm in the pack is now phantastic. Everybody knows what they're doing, and the boys are having fun.
                              Scouting.org has a great job description for Pack Trainer.
                              There is another list I have learned tons of things, and the discussions can be very fruitful, hopefully that link works: Cub-L-subscribe@...

                              Keep up the good work.
                              Yours in Scouting,

                              Corinna Jones
                              Pack Trainer
                              Day Camp Program Director
                              Unit Commissioner
                              Troop Committee Member
                              Michigami & Sunset District
                              Detroit Area Council
                            • David Brown
                              Message 14 of 29 , Jul 4, 2006
                                Norman,

                                I am for Pack 563 in Charlestown, Indiana, just an hour south of
                                you. I am the Pack Trainer and a member of my District's Training Team.
                                You are part of Hoosier Hills Council? Or is it Crossroads of America in
                                Columbus? I know Crossroads has New Leader Essentials online and Job
                                Specifics as well, BUT in person Training is always better than the online
                                as you get more out of it. Our District is having it's' first Training of
                                the year on August 26th. We are also planning one sometime in Scottsburg,
                                IN. Keep in mind with Training you don't have to go to your District or
                                even Council for Training. Especially for Trainers Development as most
                                Councils do this once a Year. LHC's was June 17th and the Next one will be
                                June 2007.

                                If you have any question feel free to post and will comment, or
                                if you want to email me off group.

                                Dave Brown

                                Pack Trainer

                                Pack 563

                                Chief Old Ox District

                                Lincoln Heritage Council

                                kc9dre@...

                                _____

                                Message 15 of 29 , Jul 5, 2006
                                  I am in need of a cool (inspiring) induction ceremony that would be done at a camp fire at Wood Badge for the troop guides that will be inducted into Venturing. If you have any ideas that would be great. I am trying to inspire adults and introduce many of them to the family of Venturing.

                                  Andre
                                  Branson, MO

                                • NeilLup@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Jul 5, 2006

                                    > As I can best figure out, being the first Pack Trainer we have ever had, in
                                    > the past 21/2 months, I have taken and completed more courses than anyone in
                                    > our pack. It seems, they feel that, they volunteer their time during the
                                    > school year, and I might add do a great job, they just have a hard time
                                    > understanding how the required training can really help them. And I have to try and
                                    > reach them some how.

                                    Hello Norman,

                                    Thank you for undertaking the very important job of Pack Trainer.
                                    Hopefully, it will be fun and rewarding for you and helpful for your Pack.

                                    A few comments about the leaders in your Pack and their reluctance to take
                                    training. Ideally, training should

                                    1) Make the leaders' job more efficient and REDUCE THE TIME THAT THEY NEED
                                    TO SPEND
                                    2) Make their job more rewarding and more fun
                                    3) Give them plenty of resources to have a better, more exciting program
                                    4) Allow them to get to know other leaders in Cub Scouting with whom they
                                    can share and borrow ideas and talk about challenges, etc.
                                    5) Help ensure that the real purposes of Scouting are being met and not
                                    just the surface purposes
                                    6) Etc. etc. etc.

                                    You say that your leaders are doing a great job and I can't question that,
                                    certainly based just on e-mail posts. However, how do they know that and how
                                    do you know that? How do they know what they should be doing and what the
                                    real purposes of the Scouting movement are? One can have an extremely well
                                    organized "Pack" doing pinewood derbies and Blue and Golds and other things
                                    and be missing the point Similarly, a Pack can appear to be a lot less
                                    well organized and have fewer activities but be delivering a real Scouting
                                    program.

                                    Perhaps an analogy is this. Suppose a school bus driver were to say "I'm
                                    really busy. I'm so busy driving this school bus that I don't have time to
                                    take school bus driver training." How would the parents feel? Should
                                    they, or the Pack leaders, feel any different about trying to run a Cub Scout
                                    Pack without training?

                                    You also mentioned about the goal of Wood Badge within two years. This is
                                    for the most obvious reason possible. If Wood Badge is helpful and
                                    beneficial in learning how to run a great Pack efficiently, to work with adults and
                                    youth and to enjoy Scouts and Scouting, then one should get that experience
                                    and skills as early in ones time as a Scout leader as possible. Why wait
                                    5-10 years as a non Wood Badge trained leader only to go and say (as people do),
                                    "Gee, I wish I had taken this years ago." But WB within two years is a
                                    goal. It is not locked in concrete.

                                    As a Pack Trainer, you have the very important front line job of making
                                    sure that training really is useful and beneficial for the leaders in your Pack.
                                    Your job is not just to present material and hope that it is helpful. To
                                    the fullest extent possible, you should do what you can to make it helpful.
                                    Wood Badge should help you with this. So will Roundtables.

                                    Thank you for undertaking a challenging task.

                                    Best wishes,

                                    Neil Lupton

                                  • CubScoutDen@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Jul 5, 2006
                                      In a message dated 7/4/2006 5:39:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                                      don-wilson@... writes:
                                      Part of your job as Pack Trainer is to conduct orientation of new
                                      families.
                                      Does anyone have a link to the responsibilities for this position? All I
                                      have is the requirements for the new knot, and I would like to become Pack
                                      Trainer this Fall (turning in my ACM hat, for now).

                                      Lisa
                                      Mom to 3 boys
                                      ACM Pack 689
                                      Webelos DL
                                      Troop Committee

                                    • JNDunnMN@aol.com
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Jul 5, 2006
                                        http://www.scouting.org/cubscouts/about/thepack/ptrnr.html

                                        YiS,
                                        Jamie Dunn
                                        Pack Trainer
                                        P. 512
                                        Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
                                        Cub Scout Training Chair
                                        Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
                                        3 Rivers District

                                        don-wilson@... writes:
                                        Part of your job as Pack Trainer is to conduct orientation of new
                                        families.
                                        Does anyone have a link to the responsibilities for this position?All I
                                        have is the requirements for the new knot, and I would like to become Pack
                                        Trainer this Fall (turning in my ACM hat, for now).

                                        Lisa
                                        Mom to 3 boys
                                        ACM Pack 689
                                        Webelos DL
                                        Troop Committee

                                        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed

                                      • Jim von Schmacht
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Jul 5, 2006
                                          http://www.scouting.org/cubscouts/resources/13-152.pdf

                                          Jim von Schmacht

                                          Loma Prieta District Training Chair

                                          ________________________________

                                          Message 20 of 29 , Jul 5, 2006
                                            See http://www.geocities.com/~pack215/pt.html for a nice Pack Trainer
                                            synopsis.

                                            YiS,

                                            John Spahr, Aklan Training Team
                                            Work: (510) 434-7611 x231
                                            Cell: (510) 377-0742
                                            Home: (925) 944-9467

                                            Message 21 of 29 , Jul 5, 2006
                                              In a message dated 7/5/2006 5:40:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                                              JNDunnMN@... writes:
                                              http://www.scouting.org/cubscouts/about/thepack/ptrnr.html Thanks!

                                              Lisa
                                              Mom to 3 boys
                                              ACM Pack 689
                                              Webelos DL
                                              Troop Committee

                                            • Judy Yeager
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Jul 5, 2006
                                                John wrote, "See http://goecities.com/~pack215/pt.html for a nice Pack Trainer synopsis."

                                                Not a good reference. As excellent as the Pack 215 site is in so many areas, this Pack Trainer synopsis is totally out of date and does not agree with the "official" job description found on National's website at http://www.scouting.org/cubscouts/resources/13-152.pdf

                                                Judy Yeager
                                                NT District Training Chair
                                                HOAC

                                              • Russ Gordon, Pack 42
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Jul 12, 2006
                                                  Dave didn't I read someplace a list you posted with all the current
                                                  training item bin numbers? I just found out we have several Districts
                                                  that do not have a complete set of training material. I told our Council
                                                  Training chair I thought I had a list of the up-to-date bin numbers for
                                                  everything.
                                                  I just read through my past e-mails and I can't find it.