Thanks to the moderators!

  • Wendell Brown
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9, 2004
      I am happy to report that, as list owner, I've had to do very little
      admin work on Scouter_T over the last couple of months! This is good
      news, because (while not readily apparent) there is usually quite a bit
      of admin stuff that goes on behind the scenes on a list like this.
      There are a couple of things that contribute to my semi-retirement:

      1) Each of you! This list is pretty good about self moderation. I (or
      the other moderators) rarely have to step in to break up flame wars...
      actually, I don't think I've ever really seen a flame war on this list
      (THANK YOU!). There also aren't many off topic posts by members (even
      though it's been brought to my attention that ALMOST anything can be
      training related).

      Give yourself a pat on the back!

      2) The wonderful cadre of moderators! A month or so ago, I contacted a
      few of the "regulars" on the list and asked them if they might be
      willing to join the existing moderators to spread the load. To my
      delight, most (if not all) of the invited folk agreed ed to become
      moderators. What this means to you is that new members that are still
      on moderation will probably get their message released to the list
      faster than if it was just a couple of moderators and myself and it also
      improves the speed at which people are removed from moderation. It also
      means that attempts to spam the list with porn (yes, it happens
      regularly) are thwarted with as little impact as possible on the day to
      day use of the list.

      I would like to say thanks to our moderators (both new and old) for the
      great work they do on a daily basis for the list! And so everyone knows
      just who these unsung hero's are, I thought it appropriate to name them
      individually. Thanks go to (in no particular order) Kevin Pate, Dee Dee
      Cobb, Dave Loomis, Ida Lively, Sean Scott, Jamie Dunn, Judy Yeager and
      Mark Loveless.

      Thanks guys!
    • R Fisher
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 11, 2004
        Greetings All,

        I would like to echo Wendell's appreciation for the list moderators and
        add a special *Thank You* to Wendell for stepping up as list owner for
        the Scouter_T list. It is a tremendous resource and truly a case where
        "none of us is a smart/knowledgable as all of us".

        Thank you all for your efforts.

        YiS

        Roy Fisher