Scouter Gone Home

  • Sean Scott
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2004
      This has truly been a tragic week. A friend and longtime Scouter here in our
      area, Larry Walker, passed away Monday evening. I will remember Larry for
      his gentleness and kind smile. And though I never met Lloyd in person, I
      will remember his generous words of wisdom and guidance. Both men will be
      missed, but the legacy they leave will continue on in the lives of the many
      hearts and minds they touched.
    • Elaine D. Boyd
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
        I recieved this message from Daniel Webster Council yesterday. I knew that
        Dave had cancer and was not doing well. I had not realized that his death
        would have come so quickly. Though Dave and I were in neighboring districts
        and in the same council, I have gotten to know him quite well through his
        postings on Scouter-T and Scouts-L. He has served the youth of New
        Hampshire well for many years. He will be greatly missed.

        Yours in Scouting,

        ~Elaine Boyd
        Scouter in NH

        > I am sad to inform you that this past weekend, Dave Loomis (Historic
        > District) passed away. Most of you know Dave from the district/council
        > training committee, in which he has served in most recent years. Should
        > your schedule allow, please be aware of the following memorial
        > arrangements.
        >
        > A memorial service is planned for this Sunday, February 4th at the South
        > Church - Unitarian Universalist Church of Portsmouth. Their website is
        > www.southchurch-uu.org <http://www.southchurch-uu.org>.
        >
        > Please feel free to wear your Scout Uniform to honor a Military Veteran
        and
        > a Life Long Scouter.
        >
        > Questions: Contact John Cochrane (District Executive - Historic
        District -
        > ext. 135) or the Council Service Center.

      • Joseph Jansen
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
          This is very sad news. Are there survivors to whom condolences may be sent?

          Joe Jansen
          JAJansenJr@...

          On 2/1/07, Elaine D. Boyd <edboyd@...> wrote:
          > I recieved this message from Daniel Webster Council yesterday. I knew that
          > Dave had cancer and was not doing well. I had not realized that his death
          > would have come so quickly. Though Dave and I were in neighboring districts
          > and in the same council, I have gotten to know him quite well through his
          > postings on Scouter-T and Scouts-L. He has served the youth of New
          > Hampshire well for many years. He will be greatly missed.
          >
          > Yours in Scouting,
          >
          > ~Elaine Boyd
          > Scouter in NH
          >
          > > I am sad to inform you that this past weekend, Dave Loomis (Historic
          > > District) passed away. Most of you know Dave from the district/council
          > > training committee, in which he has served in most recent years. Should
          > > your schedule allow, please be aware of the following memorial
          > > arrangements.
          > >
          > > A memorial service is planned for this Sunday, February 4th at the South
          > > Church - Unitarian Universalist Church of Portsmouth. Their website is
          > > www.southchurch-uu.org <http://www.southchurch-uu.org>.
          > >
          > > Please feel free to wear your Scout Uniform to honor a Military Veteran
          > and
          > > a Life Long Scouter.
          > >
          > > Questions: Contact John Cochrane (District Executive - Historic
          > District -
          > > ext. 135) or the Council Service Center.

        • Wendell Brown
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
            >> I am sad to inform you that this past weekend, Dave Loomis (Historic
            >> District) passed away.

            I'm so sorry to hear this! I'm going to miss Dave, as I'm sure, will
            most of us "old timers" on Scouter_T and Scouts-L. If you get a chance,
            please pass on my condolences!

            Wendell Brown
            http://www.ScoutingTheNet.com/
            Scouter_T Owner
          • Elaine D. Boyd
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
              I don't know. I tried to find his obituary online this morning and could
              not find one. I know that he was not married, but did have one or two sons.
              I don't think they lived in the area. If I find anymore information, I will
              pass it onto the list.

              ~Elaine

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
                An obituary will be found at

                http://www.mudcat.org/thread.cfm?threadid=98225&messages=30

                where condolence messages can be posted.

                I asked Dave for help reviewing a training some time ago, and his
                response was that it would be an honor to help. In saying this I
                felt honored.

                An outstanding Scouter and individual, Dave will be in heaven now,
                I'm sure, helping budding angels (like the angel Clarence in It's a Wonderful
                Life) earn their wings.

                Dave may be gone but he has influenced so many Scouters for the better
                that in a real sense he will always be with us.

                Joe Jansen
                JAJansenJr@...
                (sending a Scout Salute heavenword in Dave's direction)