A Friend and Scouter Passes On

  • Mark Landry
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2004
      I am saddened to report that Lloyd Solis, a frequent contributor to
      these groups, has passed away. Lloyd was a long time Scouter with the
      Southeast Louisiana Council. Please pray for the repose of his soul.

      Mark C. Landry
      Training Chairman
      Southeast Louisiana Council
      New Orleans, LA.
    • Wendell Brown
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2004
        Mark Landry wrote:

        > I am saddened to report that Lloyd Solis, a frequent contributor to
        > these groups, has passed away. Lloyd was a long time Scouter with the
        > Southeast Louisiana Council. Please pray for the repose of his soul.

        Thanks for the info Mark. I'm deeply saddened to hear this. Lloyd will
        be greatly missed!

        If you get any additional information, please forward it to the list.
      • Wendell Brown
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 9, 2004
          I am happy to report that, as list owner, I've had to do very little
          admin work on Scouter_T over the last couple of months! This is good
          news, because (while not readily apparent) there is usually quite a bit
          of admin stuff that goes on behind the scenes on a list like this.
          There are a couple of things that contribute to my semi-retirement:

          1) Each of you! This list is pretty good about self moderation. I (or
          the other moderators) rarely have to step in to break up flame wars...
          actually, I don't think I've ever really seen a flame war on this list
          (THANK YOU!). There also aren't many off topic posts by members (even
          though it's been brought to my attention that ALMOST anything can be
          training related).

          Give yourself a pat on the back!

          2) The wonderful cadre of moderators! A month or so ago, I contacted a
          few of the "regulars" on the list and asked them if they might be
          willing to join the existing moderators to spread the load. To my
          delight, most (if not all) of the invited folk agreed ed to become
          moderators. What this means to you is that new members that are still
          on moderation will probably get their message released to the list
          faster than if it was just a couple of moderators and myself and it also
          improves the speed at which people are removed from moderation. It also
          means that attempts to spam the list with porn (yes, it happens
          regularly) are thwarted with as little impact as possible on the day to
          day use of the list.

          I would like to say thanks to our moderators (both new and old) for the
          great work they do on a daily basis for the list! And so everyone knows
          just who these unsung hero's are, I thought it appropriate to name them
          individually. Thanks go to (in no particular order) Kevin Pate, Dee Dee
          Cobb, Dave Loomis, Ida Lively, Sean Scott, Jamie Dunn, Judy Yeager and
          Mark Loveless.

          Thanks guys!
        • R Fisher
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 11, 2004
            Greetings All,

            I would like to echo Wendell's appreciation for the list moderators and
            add a special *Thank You* to Wendell for stepping up as list owner for
            the Scouter_T list. It is a tremendous resource and truly a case where
            "none of us is a smart/knowledgable as all of us".

            Thank you all for your efforts.

            YiS

            Roy Fisher