Re: WLOT

  • Ida Lively
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2004
      >> I will be running a WOLT session in august and it will be concurrent
      >> with our district's BALOO training. Has anyone done this before?

      We run our OWL, BALOO and IOLS concurrently. We're a small council
      With limited numbers of trainers available, so share schedules between the
      three courses.

      Many times it's easier to recruit a Scouter to come out and give aid for 3-4
      hours instead of just one hour. One hour hardly seems worth the (average)
      half-hour drive out to our Scout Camp -- and then the drive back.

      I'll post our schedules to the FILES section of Yahoo! Groups so you can see
      how we've worked out schedules where we are together, and where we are
      separate, and how we share the trainers between the three courses.

      --

      Ida Lively
      - Juniata Valley Council, Nittany Mountain District Training Chair

      "Train them up in the way they should go..."
    • Greg Olgin
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 24, 2005
        Howdy,
        Just received word from my council headquarters that there is a knew
        WLOT course booklet out for the trainers. Haven't seen it yet, but my
        district training chair send I'll get it in a couple of days. Was
        wondering if anyone else has seen this yet?

        Greg Olgin
        Supplemental Training Chair
        Great Frontier District Training Staff
        Heart of Ohio Council, Ashland, OH
      • Lady T

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 24, 2005
            Info from Bill Steele:

            Webelos Leaders Training Syllabus Unveiled

            The long-awaited training course Outdoor Leader Skills for Webelos Leaders,
            No. 13-33640, is now available from the National Distribution Center.
            Although designed as part of the Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills
            training, the course may be delivered as a stand-alone outdoor session for
            Webelos den leaders.

            In a combined Webelos den leader and Boy Scout leader training event, all
            participants will attend presentations on the basic skills before separating
            into sessions covering information specifically related to each program.

            Because of this unique format, scheduling is critical. There are three

            *One-day course as part of Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills (with Boy
            Scout troop leaders)

            *Two-day course as part of Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills (with Boy
            Scout troop leaders)

            *One-day, stand-alone course

            While it is not mandatory, it is highly recommended that Webelos den leaders
            complete Outdoor Leader Skills for Webelos Leaders before scheduling a den
            camping event.
          • Fred Goodwin, CMA
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 26, 2005
              > Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:58:22 -0400
              > From: "Mike Marks" <MikeMarks@...>
              >
              > While it is not mandatory, it is highly recommended that Webelos den
              > leaders complete Outdoor Leader Skills for Webelos Leaders before
              > scheduling a den camping event.

              Mike, is this a quote from Bill?

              Thanx

              Fred Goodwin
              Keystone Distruict Training Chairman
              Alamo Area Council
            • Mike Marks
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 27, 2005
                Fred,

                YES. Or more specifically it is an excerpt from an article written by Bill.

                mm