Re: [Scouter_T] Webelos Outdoor Leader training

  • David Loomis
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2004
      We run it contiguous with Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills,
      the Scoutmaster's course on how the bear lives in the woods. While
      everything is not directly transferable to the WEBELOS program, enough
      is that it works to run them side by side.

      Dave
      BS Training Chair
      Historic District
      Daniel Webster Council

      mitchells166 wrote:

      > I will be running a WOLT session in august and it will be concurrent
      > with our district's BALOO training. Has anyone done this before?
      > Also, are there any good links or resources for Webelos Outdoor
      > Leader Training that I can add to my collection?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Valerie

      Dave Loomis mailto: dloomis.nh.ultranet@...
      245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
      Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349
    • John Halter
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2004
        mitchells166 wrote:

        > I will be running a WOLT session in august and it will be concurrent
        > with our district's BALOO training. Has anyone done this before?

        Yes, our district has done this for the last 2-3 years and it has worked
        very well. The leaders coming out for OLT (we call it Cub OLT instead
        of Webelos OLT to get more leaders there) arrive Friday evening, people
        going thru Baloo arrive Saturday morning and leave Saturday afternoon.
        We also have the Boy Scouts out doing IOLS at the same time too. For
        the most part, the IOLS staff is separate and the activities/program are
        separate between the cubs and boy scouts.

        --

        Thank you,

        John Halter
        Pack Trainer