Webelos Outdoor Leader training

  • mitchells166
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2004
      I will be running a WOLT session in august and it will be concurrent
      with our district's BALOO training. Has anyone done this before?
      Also, are there any good links or resources for Webelos Outdoor
      Leader Training that I can add to my collection?

      Thanks,

      Valerie
    • David Loomis
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2004
        We run it contiguous with Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills,
        the Scoutmaster's course on how the bear lives in the woods. While
        everything is not directly transferable to the WEBELOS program, enough
        is that it works to run them side by side.

        Dave
        BS Training Chair
        Historic District
        Daniel Webster Council

        mitchells166 wrote:

        > I will be running a WOLT session in august and it will be concurrent
        > with our district's BALOO training. Has anyone done this before?
        > Also, are there any good links or resources for Webelos Outdoor
        > Leader Training that I can add to my collection?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Valerie

        Dave Loomis mailto: dloomis.nh.ultranet@...
        245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
        Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349
      • John Halter
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2004
          mitchells166 wrote:

          > I will be running a WOLT session in august and it will be concurrent
          > with our district's BALOO training. Has anyone done this before?

          Yes, our district has done this for the last 2-3 years and it has worked
          very well. The leaders coming out for OLT (we call it Cub OLT instead
          of Webelos OLT to get more leaders there) arrive Friday evening, people
          going thru Baloo arrive Saturday morning and leave Saturday afternoon.
          We also have the Boy Scouts out doing IOLS at the same time too. For
          the most part, the IOLS staff is separate and the activities/program are
          separate between the cubs and boy scouts.

          --

          Thank you,

          John Halter
          Pack Trainer