Junior Leader Training

  • Ida Lively
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20, 2004
      I know that most Councils hold their own Junior Leader
      Training programs, but there are usually a few troops that are
      looking for a good program to send their boys to.

      Our JLTC this summer (called Brownsea) is going to run from
      August 1-7, 2004 and we have a few openings.

      We extend an invitation to anyone who may have boys that are at least 13
      years old and a First Class Scout who hasn't yet gotten to take a JLT
      course.

      I thought it would be neat to open it up to scouts from other councils,
      other areas and even other states. Sharing the experiences of Brownsea with
      scouts from other parts of the country will only enhance the program for
      everyone involved. For anyone who wants to send some boys, we would consider
      adding one of the leaders from that troop to our Brownsea staff.

      Please check out our website at http://www.brownsea22.com

      POSTED FOR SUSQUEHANNA COUNCIL -- CENTRAL PA
    • Ida Lively
      Message 2 of 2 , May 20, 2004
        Ian,

        I posted the message to the scout list for someone else; however, I know the
        answer to your first question.

        22 stands for the number of scouts that B-P first trained at Brownsea.

        I¹ve CC:ed the scoutmaster/coordinator (John Z. jzmarket@... ) of this
        event. He will be able to answer any other questions you have.

        --

        Ida Lively
        - Juniata Valley Council, Nittany Mountain District Training Chair

        "Train them up in the way they should go..."